2012 D22 Engine Removal by Nissan Dealer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibo63

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls,

I am new relatively new to the forum and this is my 2nd post. I hope someone can answer a question I have, as I am not sure if the Nissan dealer in my area is telling me all the facts.

I have a 2012 D22 Nissan Navara 2.5 Common Rail TD and I love it. Recently it developed 2 noises, the 1st one was a resonating noise coming from the front left hand corner of the car (This turned out to be the noise created when the rubber/foam gasket that goes between the air filter box and the black tube that goes down into the front left guard for the air intake. It vibrates and the sound resonates up the tube into the guard and is magnified 10 fold by the guard. Easy fix is to replace the joining foam (under warranty by Nissan)

The 2nd noise was a whining noise in what I believed to be the gearbox especially in 3rd, 4th and 5th, so I took it into Nissan and discussed the noise with them (same time as above noise No:1) A mechanic came for a drive with me and agreed that the noise shouldn't be there and it appeared to be gearbox related.

So I left the Navara there (it will be 2 weeks on Thursday 13 June 2013) and they now tell me it is only a Vacuum Pump near the gearbox - BUT, they have had to remove the motor to replace it (the vacuum pump). They said they made an audio file of the noise and sent it to Nissan to identify the noise??

I'm starting to get the shits as I don't believe they are being entirely truthful with me, although they have said all the work is under warranty and they have given me a loan car for the whole period(which is good) so I'm grateful for that.

It doesn't take 2 weeks to remove a motor and replace a vacuum pump. Has anybody heard of this happening before or has this happened to anyone on the forum before??

I'm starting to think that my warranty job is being fitted in around paying workshop jobs......

Thanks guys

Gibbo

I havnt heard of that exact problem before but its definitely not the first time i have heard of Nissan taking so long to do the most minor of repairs and its not uncommon for them to work warranty jobs in with paying customers, and really i cant blame them for that as they are there ultimately to make money and warranty jobs are paying jobs just not as good as other public paid jobs.
Like you said at-least you got a loan car, most people have to fight for one of those or steel the sales Demo cars

they probably pulled the whole engine out first then asked questions later...

anyway it sucks when such a new car plays up.

Don't know about the 2.5ltr but with the 3ltr i believe the vacuum pump is built in to the alternator. Wouldn't have to pull the motor out to replace that. Not near the gearbox either.

Looking in the manual the 3ltr does have a seperate vacuum pump.

Majority of that time would be waiting for the approval from Nissan to undertake the work under warranty, and yes the engine needs to come out to get at the vacuum pump. Engine out is a big job, I wouldn't be too concerned about it taking this long.

Latest posts

Back