2012 D22 Front Diff - R180 or R200?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAT713

Reaction score
Hey guys,

as the title states, i just wanted to get clear black and white answers.

I own a brand new 2012 D22 ST-R, I've got a couple of big trips planned later this year & after the few excursions off road already I feel my Nav needs a locker of some sort in the front.

However, I just need to confirm if my model Nav has the weaker R180 diff?

if so, whats involved changing over to the stronger R200?

My experience with Nissans has only really be limited to drifting and circuit racing, so I understand how much stronger the R200 is, and in some cases you also have to swab out drift shafts with the correct bolt pattern etc.

Is this true for the Nav?

There is a thread on here that explains the benefits of the R200 front diff and whats involved in swapping it out of a V6 petrol Nav and into the 2.5 diesel. The ST-R runs the R180 stock and it is possible to get an ARB air locker, a harrow e locker or a 4WD systems auto locker for the front diff. Many members on here run the auto locker as it is about a third of the price compared to the other two. If you spend 30 minutes reading through some of the threads on here you will find all of the information you need.

you could probably just get a Lokka for the front and leave the back LSD, wouldn't cost to much that way.

edit: btw Lokka is a brand of difflock.

Latest posts

Back