2012 D40 Bashplates Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slee87

Reaction score
Just chasing info if anyone has some.

Have 2012 ST D40 Dual Cab and i am chasing bashplates, getting told different information from many companies.

ARB email me back saying that:
Unfortunately we do not have a UVP(under vehicle protection) available for the D40 Navara 2012 Spanish built, however this part is under development, but I have no production dates as yet.

Also heard that ironman went back to the drawing board with there D40 Bashplates.

Has anyone put plates on their 2012 if so, any information would be awesome.

Last edited:
I have a 2012 ST as well. Will be fitting my lift shortly and am thinking about measuring everything while I'm under there and building my own. If I do, I'll be sure to post some pics and maybe some prices to make some for anyone who wants them

Just got my lift done from John at Zordo's, its damn awesome. Yeah for sure if you do post some pics. I thought that too, i got the front guard that came with the alloy bullbar and the plastic sump guard, both are crap, thought maybe if they got measured off to makes better ones, however that is out of my league.

Just take off the shitty factory front bash plate, and get a steel fab place to replicate it exactly but a few mm thicker and just flat surfaces. Then from that they should be able to make up a sump and diff plate etc.

I had ARB UVP on my old Thai D40 and I now have them on my new SPAIN BUILT so who ever sent that email to you doesnt know shit about their own products.
The plates are the same for each model and the only difference is a few of the mounting brackets, like at the front where the plate meets the ballbar.

Yeah starting to think that guy at coopers plains doesnt know shit about what he is selling.
Apparently can get Ironman all 3 plates for $400 anyone got theses or know much about them.

Cobez: any idea on about how much it should cost to get a places to fab up 3mm plates?
Thinking i might just get them made, the shitty plates now and the platic plate both fit just need them to be stronger

Hi Guys,

This is the email I received from Brown Davis

Thank you for your inquiry with Brown Davis Automotive.

I confirm that our D40 guards does fit the Navara STX 550 Diesel model. Please see below for pricing.

NISSAN NAVARA D40 ALL MODELS

PART NUMBER: UGNND40F1
GUARD TYPE: FRONT
PROTECTS: RADIATOR
COMMENTS: RECESSED OIL DRAIN ACCESS POINT
DIMENSIONS: 920x225x110

RRP(incl): $350.02

PART NUMBER: UGNND40T2
GUARD TYPE: TRANSMISSION
PROTECTS: TRANSMISSION
COMMENTS: REQUIRES FRONT GUARD UGNND40F1TO BOLT UP TO
DIMENSIONS: 850x760x180
RRP(incl): $190.00

PART NUMBER: UGNND40T1
GUARD TYPE: TRANSFER CASE
PROTECTS: TRANSFER CASE
COMMENTS:
DIMENSIONS: 850x760x180

RRP(incl): $209.00

All Brown Davis Automotive Underguards are manufactured from 3.0 mm cold rolled steel, and electroplate finished to ensure maximum strength and durability and minimum corrosion susceptibility. This gauge of steel is sufficiently impact resistant.

All Underguards are M.I.G. (Metal Inert Gas) welded to assure the strongest possible seams and are strengthened where necessary to add further protection and impact capabilities. Where needed guard bolt holes/bolt heads are protected with strategically placed steel shields.

In all cases, Brown Davis Underguards are designed with severe off road use in mind and are designed to protect against impact and damage sustained due to harsh conditions or coming into contact with terrain.

We are happy to provide a quotation for freight for the above item on request on notification of your state and postcode.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on (03) 9762 8722.

Regards

Mellissa Dryden

I have brown davis on my 07 model. they are the original desighn and have coped a pounding. they were prety bent up so a mate re pressed them for me. all strait looking again and have saved the car heaps... Have had the hole wheight of the car on the plate ... bent but no vehicle damage... I dont think arb ones would do this... I am looking at the new gards as mine dosent have the middle plate as it was not available and i have been caught up on this gap before on a rock very dificult to get the car off.

Mate the ARB one are with out a doubt the best bash plates i have seen and used on my last two navs the way the bolts are hidden away to prevent damage and the double plated section with the added box steel under the gear box area makes them by far the strongest plates on the market.
I have also had the entire truck smash down on nothing but the bash plates and yes they did bend SLIGHTLY between the bullbar and the cross member but never any where else, and the best part is when or IF it comes time to remove them they come off like a dream and bolt back up with all the same bolts.

I also like the Brown Davis guards and looked seriously at them a few years back but chose the ARB ones as the BROWN DAVIS are just a bit basic and dont actually have the little extra touches the ARB ones have.

a few pics of the ARB guards that were on my old D40 after 95'000 km and allot of off road work they looked like this.
First one is of the TRANSFER CASE

file.jpg

This one is the back section of the main gearbox guard looking forward towards the bullbar

file-1.jpg

you can see how all the bolts are tucked away to prevent damage.

file-2.jpg

file-5.jpg

The front panel, and as you can see they coped a flogging.

file-6.jpg

the side view, the mounting hole you can see on the wing wasnt used on the Thai built BUT is used on the SPAIN built

file-3.jpg

nathan great pics. also in the market for some good bash plates. heard great things about arbs product. if you dont mind me asking, what did u pay for the kit??

nathan great pics. also in the market for some good bash plates. heard great things about arbs product. if you dont mind me asking, what did u pay for the kit??

I bought mine and had them fitted as apart of the deal i made with my local dealer and according to the price breakdown on the purchase contract i paid $600 fitted.

Thanks Nathan.. pic are great... you are right they look good. i have never seen the d40 ones at arb.. they only could show me sone prado ones and they were not as well set ud as your pics show... i think i will look at them if i upgrade.. how does the transfer one attatch ? Thanks mate....

Do you have the plates on your 2012 D40 nathan? Spain built i take it. Really dont know what ARB at coopers plains was on about, reckons that they dont have plates for the 2012

Thanks for the pics man

ARB don't have underguard protection yet for the STX-550, it's still in production. Thats the 3.0L V6. If you have a "ST" 2.5L then ARB will have something for you as it will be the same as the 2006 to 2012 ST-X D40. The 3.0L V6 ST-X & ST-X 550 have a wider body to fit the V6.

Do you have the plates on your 2012 D40 nathan? Spain built i take it. Really dont know what ARB at coopers plains was on about, reckons that they dont have plates for the 2012

Thanks for the pics man

yeah i had them fitted to my current 2012 ST Spain built D40. They just mount slightly differently to the bullbar.

That is interesting about the bullbar mounting nathan, when i tried to fit them on mine (2012 ST) they wouldn't mount up and local ARB dealer couldnt work out why. Must have given me Pre 2012 ST plates.

Latest posts

Back