2012 D40 Bashplates Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is interesting about the bullbar mounting nathan, when i tried to fit them on mine (2012 ST) they wouldn't mount up and local ARB dealer couldnt work out why. Must have given me Pre 2012 ST plates.

The plates are exact same it's only the little bracket that sits between the plates and bar that is different it's almost like a flat z section cross member if that makes sense?
It's due to the bar being mounted higher because the difference in the chassis between Thai and Spain built models.

F****n hell rang arb they said 753 bux for bash plates. Ironman quoted me 395. Both 3mm steel and protect same amount. Looks like ironman for me =)

F****n hell rang arb they said 753 bux for bash plates. Ironman quoted me 395. Both 3mm steel and protect same amount. Looks like ironman for me =)

My cousin and a good friend of mine both have ironman plates and they are a bit crappy, the bolts just sit proud out of the bottom they have no protection at all so once yo go over a few rocks you damage them and cant get a socket on them any longer. So good luck unbolting them.

They also lack any bracing under the gear box and are just a flat piece of steel and bend very easily as my mate has discovered!! not happy jan not happy!!

The other thing is they dont tuck up under the car as good and effectively take away precious clearance.

For me personally i would not waist my hard earned $$ on them.

If money is an issue i would ring Macquarie 4X4 and get some off of them they sell 4mm plates that are far better then Ironman at a similar price BUT like the Ironman they dont have a plate for the transfer case

with the brown davis plates how does the front bolt to the chassis? the only thing thing that seemed under thought was those thin brakets that bolt where the tow point and bullbar attach to

Man. Now more confused then ever! While I an a firm believer in 'u get what u pay for', I can't understand how arb can charge 350 bux more. Both basically 3mm steel and according to ironman protection covers transfer case also. If they are basically same steel, is the 350 more justified for covered bolts? Not hard to grind head offif one is damaged

Gawd help me getting into this debate.

I have Brown Davis bash plates and it was a toss up between ARB and Brown Davis.

ARB were a little more expensive, but not much. Brown Davis covered more of the underside (3 piece set) but appear more agricultural, a bit like Ned Kelly’s armour. Flat plates with a few folds and protection for the bolt heads.

The ARB plates have more finesse and did appear mighty strong with a nice finish.

Brown Davis installed mine for free whereas ARB were going to charge a fair old fee. So in the end, Brown Davis got my business.

I did not consider Ironman because they didn’t fit Thai built from memory, and there were too many people complaining about the fit.

Everybody has different priorities so only you can decide. Our priorities should make the choice simple.

thanks everyone for the information, i was very sus about the ironman plates and now def not getting them, for 400bucks might aswell wait and save up some more dosh and go the brown davis plates, nothing but good things have been said about them.

Anyone had brown davis fitted in Brisbane and if so where did you go

opposite lock sell brown davis. there in brisy and the gold coast got mine fitted by gold coast. did a great job they were the first release 2 piece.

Got this quote for Brown Davis plates from aftermarket wholesales at enoggera.

Does this seems a bit high? where do you recommend buying from?

BDUGNND40F1
BD U/Guard D40 Nissan Navara
Series 2 - Front Diff & Sump Guard 980L x 900W
$437.00

BDUGNND40T1
Nissan Navara D40 Series 2
Transfer Case Guard 980L x900W
$261.00

BDUGNND40T2
BD Navara Transmission must F1
$237.00

Man. Now more confused then ever! While I an a firm believer in 'u get what u pay for', I can't understand how arb can charge 350 bux more. Both basically 3mm steel and according to ironman protection covers transfer case also. If they are basically same steel, is the 350 more justified for covered bolts? Not hard to grind head offif one is damaged

there are heaps more then just the bolts that make ironman ones cheap and nasty, BUT if thats all your budget will allow they are far better then NOTHING.

If you look at the Brown Davis ones in the flesh and the ARB ones you will see the massive differences between Those and Ironman. By the sounds of it you will need to do that so you can make your mind up.

Got this quote for Brown Davis plates from aftermarket wholesales at enoggera.

Does this seems a bit high? where do you recommend buying from?

BDUGNND40F1
BD U/Guard D40 Nissan Navara
Series 2 - Front Diff & Sump Guard 980L x 900W
$437.00

BDUGNND40T1
Nissan Navara D40 Series 2
Transfer Case Guard 980L x900W
$261.00

BDUGNND40T2
BD Navara Transmission must F1
$237.00

I paid $680.00 in Sept 12.

Diff/sump = $350

Transfer case = $209
Transmission - $190

Or transfer case and transmission bought as a pair $330
($350 + $330 = $680)

My invoice makes no mention of "Series 2" so maybe they are different?

I would suggest you call BD direct or try another supplier.

thanks joe, yeah i will be calling them, shows that you need to do your research on pricing or you just get ripped off.

Got this quote from TJM
Front Diff and Sump Guard: $426.00
Transfer Case Guard: $254.00

And this on from Opposite Lock
Transfer case $ 275
Diff /sump $450

Got the 4x4 show on this weekend in brissy, gonna check out Brown Davis plates there and see if i can get better prices.

Just a bit more info on the BD plates. I took mine off today because the car is having a major service during the week.

I took before and after measurements and the car went up 9mm in the front. I also weighed the 3 plates on bathroom scales and they came in at a total of 50kg.

Just a bit more info on the BD plates. I took mine off today because the car is having a major service during the week.

I took before and after measurements and the car went up 9mm in the front. I also weighed the 3 plates on bathroom scales and they came in at a total of 50kg.

WOW!! really,, 9mm is a shit load, was that with out moving the car at all and just unbolting the plates??

WOW!! really,, 9mm is a shit load, was that with out moving the car at all and just unbolting the plates??

After taking the measurements, I drove the front onto ramps to get the plates off. Reversed of the ramps and drove about 50 meters for it to settle and back into the shed to take the measurments again.

Latest posts

Back