2012 D40 ST Seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Hendo*

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to the forum so I hope i'm posting in the right area.

I have just bought a Navara ST D40 and unfortunately I have back problems with the drivers seat. I am regular height and not a fatty and i'm sure a few out there will say " didn't you test drive it etc etc". The answer is yes I did but as most test drives only go for 10-15 min I didn't realise it. I previously had a Navara Outlaw which have pretty much the same seats that the 2012 STX has now with lumbar support and seat cushion tilt adjustment etc.

Does anyone know of where I can get a stx seat from or an aftermarket equivalent and would an aftermarket item void warranties? The current seats have side airbags so I am leaning towards a STX seat to replace the ST as opposed to an aftermarket.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hendo

Where are you located, I know of a Nissan navara wrecker in Melbourne northern suburbs. Can't remember street name, just know how to get there. Easy to find out, 2 minutes from my work.

Gday Hendo and welcome to the forum, Your warranty will only be void on the part you change not the whole car, its just the same when you change suspension.
I did notice the other day when i was buying my latest navara that the current V6 STX they had in the showroom had leather seats, they might be an option for you....... Pricey i would think BUT an option all the same.

Thanks for the replies.

I’m In Townsville at the moment so I think I should ring around the auto wreckers.
I do like the Leather seats but in Townsville heat they are not the best option. I did like the V6 550 very much and actually sold my previous Navara Outlaw with the intention of buying it. I loved the V6 power but was not in love with the auto transmission as well as the "sedan" feel to its drive. For me I guess I just liked my 4X4 to be a bit clunky and jerky so I eventually test drove the ST and found that to be what I was after. Of course my wife and mates were pulling their hair out wondering what I was doing but the ST is also a 140kw better than my previous 126kw outlaw so for me it is a big enough jump as it is.
Over all the 2012 ST only cost me 3k more over what I sold my previous 07/08 Navara Outlaw so I am pretty happy. Now with the 20k saving on the 550 I’m "blinging" it up with a whole heap of extras too. I have found the radio/ Bluetooth to be rubbish and I’m looking at replacing it with the Pioneer double din nav, reverse camera, etc etc ( unless anyone can tell me of a better unit?). Rhino lining, bull bar, and a new driver’s seat as this one is crippling my back (crook thanks to my job) and I have only driven it for 20km. Maybe I just need a cup of harden up but for now I have saved 20k with this model so that money is burning a hole in my pocket and needs to be spent before the wife reclaims it back. Hmmm maybe I should have just stayed with the 550!!!

Latest posts

Back