2013 Navara Cape York Adventure!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
july 2013

looks like we all are planing our own little trips to the cape for about the same time so looks like a muster of sorts could happen i might be late though as ill probably be snatching my mates hilux out of a bog or 2

G,day dirtjockey,

That's not a bad price at all. It's info like this that allows the folks out there another option to think about, especially if you have young ones!

The whole idea is to have a great holiday for everyone, even our handbrakes! er wifes/partners

Good onya mate,

Regards,

RLI
:cheers!:

handbrakes bahahaha love it:)

Cape York trip 2013 up-date!

As previously advised on this thread, Ally and I and my father and our two girls are planning on a 30 day trip in August 2013.

If you are still we can organise a time for a potencial phone conference!

Please remember we all do not have to travel as a group. We all have different needs; some of us travel slower than others, some of us might want to spend an extra- night at a certain locations. Some of us might want to spend quality family time with one another’s families.

However, for those of you that is comfortable to tag-along that’s fine too! We are there to help everybody reach the Cape and back home safely.

Please remember this is a very special and unique time, we can always organise to set up to meeting points at various locations on the way up to Cape York! The aim is having life-time experience and meeting one another at tip for that famous group photo.

As previously stated on this thread, the Navara’s (i.e., D22s and D40s) are more than capable vehicle’s for travelling to Cape York. For those of you, who are concerned about the Navara’s off road capabilities on the Old Telegraph track, don’t be too concerned. I did it this July towing a Jayco Hawk off-road camper trailer.

I will be heading up in August 2013 with a fully kitted 2002 4.2 turbo intercooled diesel GU Nissan Patrol wagon, err, I mean, err (an imported Navara 600 4.2 turbo intercooled diesel wagon) and our Jayco off road camper trailer.

I will have all the relevant recovery gear. All I need you to need to have is a quality snatch strap.

You can safely tow your average caravan to Weipa and store it there. From here you can then camp in a tent or swag to the Cape.

I will put forward a draft itinerary soon for your perusal and discussion. I will also put forward a draft trip planner and cost projection sheet also for your perusal. I.e., accommodation costs, food, fuel, permits and other incidentals.

On average it will cost between $ 4 and $ 5,000.00 to do a 30 day trip to Cape York from Coffs Harbour NSW.

keep posted to this thread!

PS, if i croak between now and 2013, please have a drink for me at the Tip! Or, i drink Johnny Walker Blue label baby!he he!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

:rambo:

Myself and the wife are dead keen for this. Obviously can't confirm this far out as its peak breading years for us. But if all goes well we will be there with bells on! Been wanting to do this for a long time and finally have something that I believe will be capable of doing it in safely.

Cheers
John

"its peak breading years for us."

Umm, with careful control of the wood fire, you can easily make bread on the camp fire. VBG

OTOH, if you meant "breeding", just put the first one on hold until on the trip. Those quiet moments by the soft fire light are magic. just make sure you're on the upwind side.

As to the trip originally we were planning on going this year, but funds for kitting stuff out might delay it to next year.

Umm, with careful control of the wood fire, you can easily make bread on the camp fire. VBG

OTOH, if you meant "breeding", just put the first one on hold until on the trip. Those quiet moments by the soft fire light are magic. just make sure you're on the upwind side.

As to the trip originally we were planning on going this year, but funds for kitting stuff out might delay it to next year.

G, day mate,

Keep us posted should you be available for 2013

Regards,

RLI & family

:rock:

we are doing cape trip in 2013
in the early planning stages now
i will keep a close eye on this thread
cheers
sparra

I'm also planning a trip to the cape, August is the preferred date for me too. I'll keep track of this thread too. I'm interested on how difficult the OTT is as my wife is not too happy if we damage the new Navara?

looks like we will be leaving newcastle on or about 25th june
5 or 6 days to cairns as we have ppl to visit enroute
puts us in the cairns area about 1st or 2nd july
i then have till 16th to get back to townsville
we are getting train back to brisbane

Back