$250 snorkel delivered D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you don't gain any power or economy? and they look ugly! i don't think i will be worried about getting one of those.

It's a classic case of function being more important than form. Something that is rare in todays society.

So you don't gain any power or economy? and they look ugly! i don't think i will be worried about getting one of those.

you will gain power and economy as the snorkel acts as a cold air induction unit which in turn gives u better up n go.

other benefits:

2. Cleaner Air - Less Dust
3. Easier and Safer Water Crossing
4. Ram air effect

If you don't have a snorkel, chances are you'll get a minor (say quarter of a horsepower) improvement over not having the restriction offered by a snorkel, but ...

... since the snorkel is drawing cooler air, you'll gain a half horsepower.

You might gain an eighth of a horsepower from the ram air effect. It's really not a huge amount, someone in these forums figured it's a very small figure but if you're after every smidgen, go for it.

The other main reason for having it is, like people have said, protection. You get your car into a water crossing and you'll be thankful you had one.

Latest posts

Back