25mm > 16mm hose reducers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For anyone who has installed a Provent 200 catch can, where did you get your hose reducers from? It seems no one makes the correct size... I'm told I can buy a 25mm > 19mm and then plug this into a 19mm > 16mm, but that's at a cost of $37 for one! I was thinking I could also go 25mm > 19mm off the catch can and run 19mm tube to the engine, then plug a 19mm > 16mm reducer into this as it enters the engine.

What have other people done? I couldn't find this information in any of the other threads, except for links to UK companies.....

Cheers,

Matt

I tgought bunnings did a reducer. My guess is the price you got was brass items? They arent cheap ans i would think they could do a 25 to 16 reducer without needing an extra reducer. Tried pirtek?

Rusty

I just used copper plumbing reducers and elbows. About $10 worth from Bunnings and soldered them together.

Yeah I think these were stainless...... Will give Pirtek a go tomorrow.

What sort of solder did you use?

Ended up finding some 16mm heater hose that is thick enough to fit snugly inside the 25mm Provent 200 inlet and outlets. Electrical tape to seal this up and then it plumbs straight into the engine! The unit fits in the engine bay hard up against the fuel filter as well, the two fuel hoses hold it in place nicely.

Ended up finding some 16mm heater hose that is thick enough to fit snugly inside the 25mm Provent 200 inlet and outlets. Electrical tape to seal this up and then it plumbs straight into the engine! The unit fits in the engine bay hard up against the fuel filter as well, the two fuel hoses hold it in place nicely.

Throw some pictures up. I'm very interested

I'll upload some on Sat Rusty. I tell you what though, there isn't much room in the engine bay for anything else now!

I went to pirtek, they didn't have a direct fitting, but they cut two up an welded them together (brass) for about $20. I have only been to pirtek twice, but both times they have given me excellent service.

Thanks mate. My guess is its sitting on between the fuel lines. Is it bolted to anything? Its unfortunate that the spot you used is taken up by my second fuel filter setup.

Thanks again

Yeah mate, sits firmly in between the fuel lines. Not bolted onto anything, I looked at mounting a bracket on the fuel filter bracket, but the catch can would sit too high. Between the fuel line hoses and the catch can hoses though, there is hardly any movement.

Latest posts

Back