265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday i tried some 32x11.5 r15 with i think 0 offset bummed out it wouldn't fit as i could have picked up 4 tyres on rims for $300.

Anyway now that didn't work looking at 265/75 r16 with +10 offset would i be better getting +30 offset??

I have a 2" lift with shitty rear springs which are getting replaced on the 8th march

Anyway now that didn't work looking at 265/75 r16 with +10 offset would i be better getting +30 offset??

I have a 2" lift with shitty rear springs which are getting replaced on the 8th march

Boogz - 16x8 rims with +20 worked for me. Check out page 3 of this thread.

Attachments

• DSCF7638.jpg
    DSCF7638.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 552
Last edited:
Joe, do you have any lift? or can 265/75/16 go on the factory alloys, at standard height?
A general question, I notice most guys that have 265/75/16 have sunraysia style rims, is that required, due to offset? or just personal choice for looks?

sorry for the late reply,
no i dont have a body lift,just the usual 2 inch suspension lift.
the 265/75/r16 fit straight on the stock rims and no rubbing at all.:rock:

Thanks Ridgie, i got quoted on 16x7 p10 or p30. i think they are mullins steel rims, would the 16x8 be better?

16x8 are wider - so I guess that's why the best offset is different - I'm no expert. I got 16x8 so I can fit 285's down the track if I choose to - otherwise
16x7 will do the job and they are probably cheaper.

Heata put this calculator up in another thread - a useful tool to see changes to tyre & wheel size - just click on the link to that thread:

http://www.navara.asia/general-tyre-chat/6770-tyre-size-comparison.html

Last edited:
16x8 are wider - so I guess that's why the best offset is different - I'm no expert. I got 16x8 so I can fit 285's down the track if I choose to - otherwise
16x7 will do the job and they are probably cheaper.

Heata put this calculator up in another thread - a useful tool to see changes to tyre & wheel size - just click on the link to that thread:

http://www.navara.asia/general-tyre-chat/6770-tyre-size-comparison.html

Thanks Ridgie, I love how helpful this site is!! :rock:

Just put an order in for some Insa Turbo 265/75R16 Special track on 16x8" black P30 rims.

Picking up on friday for a bash in Warburton next sunday, can't wait

Hey fellas. First post here. I won't start another thread so i'll ask here. My Navs on stock rollers atm. I'll be fitting a set of 265/75/16 4-rib MT's fairly soon. Probably within 2 weeks. I thought i'd throw in a set of black rims on while i'm at it.
Ridgie's Nav comes closest to what i want to achieve. So if i understand correctly to have a proper fit, closest to a standard Navara, i need a 16x8 with +30 Off set rims? King's have a set to suit. And these will go fine with the above mentioned tyres on a standard lift navara. Lilft kit will follow in a few months time.

Hey fellas. First post here. I won't start another thread so i'll ask here. My Navs on stock rollers atm. I'll be fitting a set of 265/75/16 4-rib MT's fairly soon. Probably within 2 weeks. I thought i'd throw in a set of black rims on while i'm at it.
Ridgie's Nav comes closest to what i want to achieve. So if i understand correctly to have a proper fit, closest to a standard Navara, i need a 16x8 with +30 Off set rims? King's have a set to suit. And these will go fine with the above mentioned tyres on a standard lift navara. Lilft kit will follow in a few months time.

Hey mate.

Ridgie's are 16x8 with a +20 offset. Thats the closest fit rim in the 16x8 for a D22. I put 16x7 +30 rims on mine (closest fit in the 7" rim for the D22). I have no left yet so the more positive offset rim i could get helped reduce scrubbing.

I dont intend on going any bigger tyre than 265/75/16 so the 7" wide rim suits my needs. The 16x8 with a P20 have more of a dish look, i would have like the wider rim but if it scrubbed too much without a lift it would have shit me.

Without a lift, the 16x7 P30's with maxxis bighorn 265/75/16 scrubbed a little still. Had to remove a tiny amount of the front mudflap to stop it, so all is good now. The 16x8 P20's would have been worst again. But since you are planning on lifting yours, either rim will be fine. You will get a little scrubbing depending on your tyre selection, but trim a little of the front mudflap and all is good.

Hope this makes sense, just got home from up the bush and i'm buggered.

Pete

Last edited:
Hey mate.

Ridgie's are 16x8 with a +20 offset. Thats the closest fit rim in the 16x8 for a D22. I put 16x7 +30 rims on mine (closest fit in the 7" rim for the D22). I have no left yet so the more positive offset rim i could get helped reduce scrubbing.

I dont intend on going any bigger tyre than 265/75/16 so the 7" wide rim suits my needs. The 16x8 with a P20 have more of a dish look, i would have like the wider rim but if it scrubbed too much without a lift it would have shit me.

Without a lift, the 16x7 P30's with maxxis bighorn 265/75/16 scrubbed a little still. Had to remove a tiny amount of the front mudflap to stop it, so all is good now. The 16x8 P20's would have been worst again. But since you are planning on lifting yours, either rim will be fine. You will get a little scrubbing depending on your tyre selection, but trim a little of the front mudflap and all is good.

Hope this makes sense, just got home from up the bush and i'm buggered.

Pete

Thanks for clarifying that Pete.
Yes i don't intend on going any bigger than 265/75/16's. Thats a tyre size i will get and stick to it. I'm not going to do any hardcore off-roading so, that size will do me well. So i'm guessing i'm better off with a P20, in a 16x7, in that case? And coming from someone ignorant about tyres, there is only one version of 265/75/16 right? As in, 1 will fit both the 16x7 and 16x8 ?

Thanks for clarifying that Pete.
Yes i don't intend on going any bigger than 265/75/16's. Thats a tyre size i will get and stick to it. I'm not going to do any hardcore off-roading so, that size will do me well. So i'm guessing i'm better off with a P20, in a 16x7, in that case? And coming from someone ignorant about tyres, there is only one version of 265/75/16 right? As in, 1 will fit both the 16x7 and 16x8 ?

Hey mate,

The 16x7 come in P30, that's what i have. They will work fine. The only reason to go for the 16x8 P20 is a slightly wider footprint, can fit the bigger tyres and have more of the dish look.

Have a good read though the few threads about it to help you decide. Comes down to if you plan on lifting it also. If lifting, i would have gone with the 16x8 P20's myself. (same as Ridgie)

And yes, all 265/75/16 tyres will fit both the 16x7 & 16x8 rims no problems.

Check out my garage if you want to see some photos of the 16x7 P30 King rims.

Pete

Hey mate,

The 16x7 come in P30, that's what i have. They will work fine. The only reason to go for the 16x8 P20 is a slightly wider footprint, can fit the bigger tyres and have more of the dish look.

Have a good read though the few threads about it to help you decide. Comes down to if you plan on lifting it also. If lifting, i would have gone with the 16x8 P20's myself. (same as Ridgie)

And yes, all 265/75/16 tyres will fit both the 16x7 & 16x8 rims no problems.

Check out my garage if you want to see some photos of the 16x7 P30 King rims.

Pete

Thanks again mate.
I'm pretty sure that 16x7 is for me. Yes the dish look could be better, but i'd like to try and avoid any complications like rubbing etc... Also my lift kit fund might be postponed for a little while longer so, to be sure, i'll stick with 16x7's. And yes i did check out your garage and thats the sort of look i'm going for. My MT's will arrive sometime next week, so then i'll chase down some Kings wheels to suit :)

265/75/16 used to tow on d22.

Hi guys, i will be upgrading my tyres and i was wondering if anyone uses there d22 turbo diesel to tow regularly wether it be a tradies trailer or a horse float etc. I am deciding what was best to buy considering i will be towing a float with 2 horses regularly. I want to get 265/75/16's but have been told my ute will die at highway speeds carrying a load. Has anyone got any experience they can share??

Hi guys, i will be upgrading my tyres and i was wondering if anyone uses there d22 turbo diesel to tow regularly wether it be a tradies trailer or a horse float etc. I am deciding what was best to buy considering i will be towing a float with 2 horses regularly. I want to get 265/75/16's but have been told my ute will die at highway speeds carrying a load. Has anyone got any experience they can share??

i tow a 1,200kg boat and find my 265/75's to be a pain in the butt for hill starts etc. they are IMHO good offroad, not so good towing. i don't think the issue is highway speeds with a load, it's getting the load moving that's the problem.

Thanks for the input there mate. I'm still pretty keen to go the bigger ones, due to looks and off roading. Just have to put up with the dodgy starts with the float on:cheers!:

Ive just fitted BFG 265/75/16s muddies on 16x8 sunnies with +20 offset last week. I have a 2" EFS suspension lift only. (2004 STR) When they first went on I could only turn about half way towards lock either way and it was scrubbing hard on the mudflap plastic, on flat ground.
Took off the flaps and cut the plastic bit off where it hits. Hammered the start of sill thats behind the mudflap in quickly, probably got nearly 10mm out of it there, screwed the mudflap back on, and now its fine.
When its fully flexed with steering on lock, it is very close to hitting, as you can see it knocks any build up of mud off, but doesnt grab or anything.

Maybe all the utes differ slightly and some are closer to hitting than others. I highly doubt that 285/75's would fit on mine.
Ill try get some pics up this week.

Cheers,
Dan.

Middle of the Simpson a few weeks ago.

265/75/16 +40 offset 16 x 8" rims

2" lift - bilstein shocks

On full suspension compression the (front) wheels bite in quiet bad on the plastic guards at the front - I'm replacing these with a new wider fiberglass guard.

Tyres don't rub anywhere - front mudflaps have been moved back 20mm

uteDesert.jpg

Geez this thread has been a good read. I have 255/70/16 road tyres on my truck. They suck and were on the ute when I got it. now they are getting down I want to replace them with something more serious. I was looking at the Kumho KL71's in either 245/75/16's or 265/75/16's. i have the standard Navara Rims and no lift kit. Would there be much difference between the two in real world terms?

Back