265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there kudu i did a bit of research before getting my tyres, if you google "metric tyre converter" it wil change your metric tyre sizes to inches. it helped me out a lot.

Hi there kudu i did a bit of research before getting my tyres, if you google "metric tyre converter" it wil change your metric tyre sizes to inches. it helped me out a lot.

Hi,
Thanks for that. Although I was just mainly curious if there would be much difference between the 245's and 265's. As some guys have mentioned on here a loss of power going to a 265 tyre I was wondering if the 245 would be a compromise. As a 245 in the Kumho KL17 should still be a good tyre.

Hey guys, been thinking about new tyres since i got my 2inch suspension lift and i am wanting to put 265/75 tyres on (duno exactly whatbrand lf tyre yet had my eyes on the mt atz 4ribs) although i wanted to put black wheels onto my nav (and keep the str alloys with the road terrains on them for a spare set of tyres) and dont mind the look of the gu patrol steel wheels (have found a set that have been recently powdercoated), now i realise they are a different offset to my d22 str alloys, does anyone know what the offset of the gu patrol steel wheels are?? what im asking is would putting a set of 265/75 tyres on gu steel wheels work? Like will they scrub heaps on just normal steering, are they likely to damage my wheel arches when out offroading? has anyone else tried using the gu steel wheels, just i would like to know whether or not they will work or not before i go buying them.

Last edited:
been reading all the posts here, im going for 265/75 16 on 2011 navara with no lift i hope it fits?

been reading all the posts here, im going for 265/75 16 on 2011 navara with no lift i hope it fits?

Just in case you missed another post I made. they will definitely fit. I have no suspension work or body lifts done. These are Hankook 265/75/16's.

Side view before........
025-2.jpg

Side view after..........
003.jpg

Just in case you missed another post I made. they will definitely fit. I have no suspension work or body lifts done. These are Hankook 265/75/16's.

Side view before........
025-2.jpg

Side view after..........
003.jpg

those photos didnt work mate can you fix it up.

also everyone is talking about offset? I have a 2 inch efs lift can i just go out and get the sunraiser rims with cooper st -maxx 265 75 16 and point em stright on or do i have to do something to the offset?

those photos didnt work mate can you fix it up.

also everyone is talking about offset? I have a 2 inch efs lift can i just go out and get the sunraiser rims with cooper st -maxx 265 75 16 and point em stright on or do i have to do something to the offset?

Sorry about that. I was cleaning out old photos from my photo bucket account. I forgot they were on the forum. This is the only other one I have.....

1322361812975.jpg

Im picking up Cooper St Maxx 265 75 16 on sunraiser black rims tonight.

Its pissing down rain in Melbourne so i might not take a photo or fit them tonight but i will take photos before and after with clearances when i do and ill post them in here!

I had a wheel allignment about 10,000kms ago with my standard 265 70 16 tyers. Do i need a new Allignment with the new tyers since its 75 instead of 70?

Last edited:
no need for alignment unless you have really curbed it or something to put it out.

Ok fitted Cooper St MAXX 265 75 16 on my Navara 2 inch lift.

Ok good thing is they do fit but they do rub when i go more than half lock in either direction.

I had to take off the front mud flaps because they were hitting it almost straight away when turning the wheel. Now its got a fair bit more room.

I do need to hammer or whack the part where the mud flap was screwed into as its still hitting when i go more then half lock left or right.

Here are some pics anyways.

1: car with stock wheels
2: Difference between stock d22 bridgestone AT 265 70 16wheels and COoper ST Maxx 265 75 16
3: straight wheel with mud flap on.
4: after wheels are on
5:rub marks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 462
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 482
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Two more photos now with the mud guards removed on both front tires.. First one you can see the rub marks from when i go over 50-100% lock.

Then the 2nd photo of it actually rubbing.

Guys that have done this before, do you just take off all the plastic then shave some of the metal or whats the best way to go about this? I did read a few pages back about shaving it etc, just wondering how it turned out... Please Advise before i drive my car and it rips out the guards totally :p

I went for a small drive just to see the noise and if the ride was ruff or softer etc.
I can hear the tires compared o the old ones but its nothing to be worried about at all.
My mate and I really had to listen to hear it so thats fantastic.
I also reckon the ride is a little softer or smoother than before too so im happy. I didn't drive far to really test them because i cant turn corners without it rubbing.

1: rub mark again
2: 50-100% lock, tires hitting the guard after i have already removed the mud flaps.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Also i noticed they had pumped them up to 45psi...

Im sure thats too high..

I thought about around 35psi in the front and about 32 in the rear since i dont have much but the draw system and cabopy on the rear so not a lot of weight.

What you guys think?

I did notice the stearing is very light though having them at 45psi lol.

45is way too high, put them through the 4psi rule and see how they go. My 265/75 bighorns are good at about 36-38 psi.

265/75/R16's Mickey T's ATZ's just fitted , no power, fuel or rubbing issues at all in the 5km I've covered so far ! Great forum and threads ta , gonna attempt to post 2 x pic's, ta again !

New Mickey T. ATZ's

Mickey T 265/75/R16's ATZ's on stock's,,,,,no issues so far , all of 5 kms covered....happy day's ! Ta to this thread, time to check out some more threads now, methink's !

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 245
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 241
70km more done...jeez they eat up the wet, huuuuge difference between old and new..excellent ! Chip time , maybe .

Two more photos now with the mud guards removed on both front tires.. First one you can see the rub marks from when i go over 50-100% lock.

Then the 2nd photo of it actually rubbing.

Guys that have done this before, do you just take off all the plastic then shave some of the metal or whats the best way to go about this? I did read a few pages back about shaving it etc, just wondering how it turned out... Please Advise before i drive my car and it rips out the guards totally :p

I went for a small drive just to see the noise and if the ride was ruff or softer etc.
I can hear the tires compared o the old ones but its nothing to be worried about at all.
My mate and I really had to listen to hear it so thats fantastic.
I also reckon the ride is a little softer or smoother than before too so im happy. I didn't drive far to really test them because i cant turn corners without it rubbing.

1: rub mark again
2: 50-100% lock, tires hitting the guard after i have already removed the mud flaps.

Hey tbblitz - How is this going for you now.

I removed the block of plastic from the mudflap and have absolutely no issues. There shouldn't be a need to remove the entire mud flap.

Attachments

• 2217t_1.jpg
    2217t_1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:
Hey tbblitz - How is this going for you now.

I removed the block of plastic from the mudflap and have absolutely no issues. There shouldn't be a need to remove the entire mud flap.

Hey how r ya. My front mud flap is still off the car but i removed the plastic that it was rubbing and used a hammer and smashed it back 1-2cm.

Then reapplied the plastic. Doesnt rub now... I fully flexed it the other night and it just touches in the rear but nothing to worry about.

Im pretty sure if i put the mud flap back on it will hit it again.

Apart from that the tyres are so good.

I do notice less power and uses a little more fuel but i think its worth it.

Car looks way better, its higher, and the grip in the dirt is unbelievable compaired to before.

Back