285 tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the 285 70 17
I love my bf atz but im going for the atz hancook i done bit of research and was tol that they are a better tyres buy many off roaders
Have the Hankook Dynapro also but Mt 285/75/16 had them on for a good 20,000 kms and been great, wouldn't even know I had muddies on, there that quiet. Also did a lot of research and couldn't find a bad thing said about them guessing the all terrains would be the same mate.

Befor i put the tires i had an winding tyre sound after the new ones i still have it not sure why its comeing from frint leaft side i though it was the tyers there wore noise but its wasnt the tyre and im 100% certin that these tyers dont make noise coz my mate has them any ideas ????

16's might not fit as they'll scrub on you brake calipers. There are reasons they fit that size wheel not just for looks.
All the newer D40'S with the 17 inche rims are fitted with larger diameter disc's then the older models with the 16's. The older STX's with 17 might fit 16's as they where larger but not as big as they are now.
The offical fitment size for most 285/33's is 7.75", but no one make that size rim thats why the say to use 8" rims.from the mouth of the NSW Mickey Thompson Managing rep "7.5 inches is close enough"

Last edited:
Have 16x8's, on mine 2013 St no problems, slight scrub on chassis at full lock. There a csa brand sunraysia steel wheel +20 offset they don't clear calliper on the 550 as they have bigger brakes.

16's might not fit as they'll scrub on you brake calipers. There are reasons they fit that size wheel not just for looks.
All the newer D40'S with the 17 inche rims are fitted with larger diameter disc's then the older models with the 16's. The older STX's with 17 might fit 16's as they where larger but not as big as they are now.
The offical fitment size for most 285/33's is 7.75", but no one make that size rim thats why the say to use 8" rims.from the mouth of the NSW Mickey Thompson Managing rep "7.5 inches is close enough"
Thanks for the info o really like my factory rims so im gonna keep them from now im just not happy about the winding noies from front leaft could it be the front diff need oil or something lol i wouldnt have a clue

from what I've researched its only the v6 diesel that has bigger brakes

G'day subz

Could be ur cv. Mine made winding grinding for quite a while. Even the mechanic said it was nothing when I said check my cv. Two months later it disintegrated.

On a side note would going the 255/85/16 be less of a problem than the wider 33"? I've been looking them up and there is only two mobs here who have them but overseas there r more brands available

On a side note would going the 255/85/16 be less of a problem than the wider 33"? I've been looking them up and there is only two mobs here who have them but overseas there r more brands available

i looked at the 255 / 80 / 17 being an option - have not rang around looking if the size is available here in Oz but you'd think being same with as stock just being taller there shouldn't be another huge problem?

G'day subz

Could be ur cv. Mine made winding grinding for quite a while. Even the mechanic said it was nothing when I said check my cv. Two months later it disintegrated.

Thanks bud im gonna have it replaced hopefully this week

285s would be best on a wider rim right??
Standard alloys are 7 or 7.5 and i think i was told they'd suit best on an 8
Maybe spend some coin on some steelies while ya there
Manning you reckon i can get away with a 10mm strut spacers and a block at the back now im sitting on 2inch body 2inch sus and 33's

Anything is possible mate.. personally i wouldn't. I would guess it would be like taping a plastic bucket to each foot and trying to run a marathon.. you'll end up floģing something out and having it fall over.. for nearly an unnoticeable gain of 10mm on the strut spacer- is it worth it?
What's the block at the back about?

The 10mm spacer will raise the car 25mm i think its a leaf spring block im trying to get abit more high with out doing a diff drop i seen your beast nice high but uhave done a diff drop on it and i cnt afford that right now lol the misses will 🔫me

Is there in other way i can get bit more hight with out diff drop ive gone up from factory now 125mm need 1 more inch lol

Hi there

The noise from your front wheels can possibly be your Wheel Bearings, had the same on mine and could not figure out for the life of me where it came from until I changed both front Eheel Bearings.

Latest posts

Back