2wd to 4wd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beno

Reaction score
Besides the obvious having no front diff and transfer case is it possible to turn a 2wd drive 2.5 D40 to a 4wd

You'd need the ECU from a D40 as well as some of the instrument panel. The D40 uses a dial to select driveline mode, rather than a lever. You'd also need to add the TF relays to the IPDM/ER near the battery and hope that the wiring loom has all of the needed wiring for that.

Not sure how much has to change up front, you have to mount the diff and will probably need a suspension change in the mix.

Actually Tony my 4x2 has the exact same chassis and suspension as a 4x4 with the only difference being my front hubs. They have a cap fitted on the back of the splined section.
In theory you should be able to take a wrecked 4x4 and transplant everything into a 4x2 chassis including rear diff ( 4x2 has different ratio )
My dash is capable of both and its only missing the wiring harness that runs from the kick panel on the passengers side and selector switch .This harness also has the cables for the dash temp

Latest posts

Back