3.0 litre EGR/Butterfly/Swirl Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG00049-20100518-1103.jpg
drill 2 holes, goo and put it back together.
simple.

did the mod this arvo....thanks all of ma ppls!!!why do you goo it?????
also i'm looking at buying a nissan elgrand which has the 2000 ZD30 engine.
presumbly you would perfom the same mod??
Also does it matter if you have the Safari DTronic chip???
morty

it depends on what version ZD30 the elgrand has. there is an non-turbo version and a variable turbo version.

uh..thunks bro (haha)!!!
i'll find out...hey wheres the MAF sensor mate?
is that it on top with two ten mill bolts and a spacer??

no MAF sensor on the navara ZD30. the sensor with the bolts and hose is the MAP (boost pressure) sensor.

fairly rare to get oil and crap up in the MAP sensor. just a quick squirt with brake or contact cleaner would do.

Hey guys new there but had problems with my truck, found this site, did mod the plate and swirl valves goes like a train now. How long have you guys been running your trucks like this? Has anybody measured exhaust temps when towing with mods done?

i've been running at least the last few years with the mods (can't remember exactly when i did it)
unfortunately i did't get EGT guage till after those mods where done so no idea on temp difference tho i don't think the difference will be meaningful anyway.

usually hit 450 max full load full rpm (probe after turbo) so well inside the safe zone. of course EGT's are lower with big exhaust, not sure what they are with stock motor.

Just did the mod on mine(2004), instantly noticed the bottom end differance. I did also notice as was written earlier in the thread when the motor shuts down it seems to want to keep going almost. Hard to describe however could that be from the pressure in the pipe that was blanked off?
Steve

if it sounds like its trying to keep going, check the butterfly is closing on shutdown. open the bonnet and watch the arm on the intake as you shut the engine off. it should close then open back up a few seconds later.

if thats ok and it still wants to run on a bit you may have a fair bit of oil going down the intake. fit a catch can.

Thanks tweak`e the butterfly is fine and I`m not that worried about the run on, its not that bad. However I may look into the catch can as well
Steve

What is the easiest way to do the mod blank the egr pipe and do you just disconnect the swirl control valve and don't touch any of the vaccum lines, as I want a way of tring it with out to much change and if good just leave it. As I have heard of just unplugging things and not doing the vaccum lines.

Last edited:
the butterfly mod is easy to do and easy to revert back. it uses all standard and existing parts, nothing is cut or modded so you can revert to stock if you wish.

problem with just pulling the plugs is you loose the smooth shut down and any shutdown if you get engine run away. thats why i worked out the butterfly mod in the first place.

Just to clarify block the egr pipe change the vac lines as per pics and disconnect or unplug the swirl control valve or is it the swirl control soliniod. As tweake yousay that you have something unpluged.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back