3.0lt radiator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just had my first service done and found a small crack in the radiator.

I plan to take this thing to Uluru this year (and potentially QLD) so figured i'd get a new one and replace it.

I found this - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Radiator...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f0aae003

Anyone dealt with these guys before? Seems like a good price and with 2 year warranty. Assuming I keep an eye on temp gauge not a lot can go wrong can it?

Also, anyone know of a decent place for the hoses? all the kits on ebay are ~$250.

Thanks,

Can't comment on radiator or hoses.

Temperature gauge - if you have a sudden loss of water, your gauge won't show it. If anything, it will tend to drop as it is no longer in hot coolant. You can get coolant sensors that will tell you when the coolant level drops. I've got on in my Disco that sits in the high point of the cooling system. Basically checks for electrical continuity through the coolant to the block. If it loses continuity, I get a light turn on and a piercing whistle.

Saved the engine once when I forgot to put the cap on properly after checking the coolant.

This sort of thing

Last edited:
So, I finally made the effort to check out the radiator properly and do some calls around.

My radiator doesnt have the tranny cooler (which from reading is for autos?) and the lower pipe is on the driver side.

Also, the pipes apparently was >04 had 1 lower piper and post 04 they had two. Mine is an 03 but had 2 pipes joined in the lower.

Struggling to find a cooler with the upper and lower on the right side without the tranny cooler.

You can get one with a tyranny cooler, it doesn't matter you just leave plugs in the holes. I dunno if I'd like to risk an eBay radiator though, probably not a lot of warranty help if you are stuck somewhere. They are probably better now but I know a lot of them uses to be nasty Chinese ones that weren't real good quality...

You can get one with a tyranny cooler, it doesn't matter you just leave plugs in the holes. I dunno if I'd like to risk an eBay radiator though, probably not a lot of warranty help if you are stuck somewhere. They are probably better now but I know a lot of them uses to be nasty Chinese ones that weren't real good quality...

Yeah I was thinking the same but a gen one was ~$800

Might call supercheap etc and see what they have

Just ordered one from Repco, after an RACV discount I got it for $210.

Now to get the old one out.

ADRAD Australian made radiators really are the go, have purchased one in the past for a VL Commodore I had (and we all know the problems they had) and it was excellent, no I'm not affiliated in any way.

Does anyone know where we could at a heavy duty high performance radiator for our ZD30 Navaras? I tried terrain tamer and they said they do not make ones for our model.

do you even need one? never seen my needle go over 40% even giving it some offroad at slow speeds with the stock unit and coolant apparently never changed lol.

do you even need one? never seen my needle go over 40% even giving it some offroad at slow speeds with the stock unit and coolant apparently never changed lol.

With a steel bar spotties and winch I doubt much air flow would be going to the factory radiator...

My D22 has almost 280,000km's on the clock.

Radiator got replaced about 6 months ago, bullbar, spotties etc.

Head is still fine, never overheated.

Ill only use genuine radiators, manufactures spend many millions testing. Aftermarket wouldn't spend anywhere near that.

Latest posts

Back