3" Suspension for my D22 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah in theory less load on the drive train, when you lift a wheel your not spinning it as fast.
Call a wreckers?. chains are not interchangeable as far as i know as the sprockets the chain runs on are different widths.

Be patient. I bought one on fleabay for $0.99 and $50 to courier it down from Sydney.

$1!! how come the transfer cases are so cheap?
should it just be a matter or unbolting the d22 transfer case and bolting up the one out of the d21?

I just dont understand why nissan just leave the stronger transfer case out of the d21 in the d22 then? and why they bothered putting a weaker R180 front diff instead of the R200...

things just arnt build to last as long anymore.

$1!! how come the transfer cases are so cheap?
should it just be a matter or unbolting the d22 transfer case and bolting up the one out of the d21?
Because the D21 cases never break, basically, and the majority of D21 parts are very cheap. As far as I know it is a case of bolting up. It's the same case but with the different chain width.

I just dont understand why nissan just leave the stronger transfer case out of the d21 in the d22 then? and why they bothered putting a weaker R180 front diff instead of the R200...
No doubt many arguments are had in auto manufacturer offices the world over about the cost savings of using smaller/lighter components versus the cost savings of manufacturing/assembling/distributing just the one one-size-fits-all part.

hey guys how we all doing? ah thats good..=]

i was wondering if anyone can give me feed back on Snake Racing's 3inch lift kit.

i really want to raise my navara for comfort and not any off roading for now, about to go on a 5hr road trip and im pretty sure il feel sick after afew lol.

any feed backs/ reviews on the Snake Racing 3inch lift would be great.

thanks guys

Simon

I have had a Caloffroad 3" kit in my Nav and its pretty much was a waste of time! Supposedly the arms are longer to help alignment but I swear I cant tell the difference. Plus they quote it a 3" lift overall but thats bull, I measured before and after and its max 2.5 inches in the front with a minor recommended gap at bump stops. By lifting the truck this much you loose downward articulation in the front which already is limited being IFS. I got the kit with the rear blocks which was a bad idea, pissed them off and put in shackles, that made it ride better. if i could do it over i would do a two inch lift using shackles and winding up front with shocks to match all round then body lift and get it engineered. So far the money i have wasted on my truck is painful, considering for something that a standard live axle coil sprung 4x4 could eat for breakfast! If you disregard all that it makes a good work ute with a solid engine and potential to look really good. its a tourer/work vehicle, but if your like me and stoped caring about scratching it,dents and the creeks and moans coming from the suspension it can get up some good trails. Sorry for the rant.

Hmm this topic was really helpful. Was looking at the same 3" kit. Sounds like the EFS 2" lift and the 2" body lift is the go.

Latest posts

Back