3" suspension lift vs 2" suspension & body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah 2" suspension with the uca was one of my options but i'd like to have the option to fit bigger tyres in the future that's why i considered the 2 suspension and 2 body lift but knowing that i cant do the body lift cause i've got air bags kinda disappointed me, and i haven't heard that a 3" lift is illegal i know extended shackles are which is fcuking stupid, and a maximum of 150mm lift from stock, these regs apply for vic as i know of it

yea I didn't mean 3" is illegal, sorry I worded it wrong. What I meant to say is it can lead to it being illegal if the tyres are too large though I didn't know it was 150mm,i thought I read a while ago it was much less. Maybe I read wrong or it was a different state, cant just have the same bloody rules can we haha. I know guys have had issues with blocks causing damage as well so be carful there.

Yea your best option for big tyres is defiantly 2+2 but airbags punched you in the face with that. The thing is that its not the rear that you have to worry about with larger tyres as theres plenty of room there its the front and like I said before the front wont be any different between 2 and 3" with the aftermarket UCAs so getting the 3" wont let you fit bigger tyres than the 2" lift. You really need that body lift for the extra room for the tyres, how big where you wanting to go?make sure you research the best rim offset combo to maximise the size you can fit

yeah i wanted the 2 suspension and 2 body set up and had to clarify it, yeah tyres are gonna be limited as well which sucks cause i know the body lift will give me more room, i'm still deciding on what size rims and offset to get cause i dont want to stick out of the guard too much, my previous car was cop bait dumped it and had fat rims, so i wanna drive my d22 around worry free cbf clearing defects anymore too waste of time. but my original plans were to get 16x8 +0 with 32 muddies that's when i'm hitting the tracks, i'm not sure with 33 muddies cause there might not be room underneath, but as daily tyres they'll just be my 275/70/16.

3" is illegal in qld, 150mm is like a 5" lift so maybe you should have bought something with coils...?

i havent bought a lift kit yet i was contemplating, btw would you know if up in qld they allow body blocks with air bag cars? i've applied for a job in mount isa and if i have to relocated i could do the 2 suspension and 2 body up there, that's if it's legit! :D

Yeah mate, 2" body lifts are completely legal in QLD and body lifts have no effect on air bagged cars as the sensors are not where you put the blocks, I got 2011 D22 mod plated with no dramas for $150.... I run 32's on 16/8 rims with a 0 offset with no probs and could easily fit 33's, there is a pic in my garage that shows exactly how far they stick out with that size tyre and offset

Yeah mate, 2" body lifts are completely legal in QLD and body lifts have no effect on air bagged cars as the sensors are not where you put the blocks, I got 2011 D22 mod plated with no dramas for $150.... I run 32's on 16/8 rims with a 0 offset with no probs and could easily fit 33's, there is a pic in my garage that shows exactly how far they stick out with that size tyre and offset

why is victorian laws so shit!? just saw your garage wheels sit good as! thanks for the info i'll go order my sunnies this week, only if victoria wasn't as strict on body lifts i'd do the 2 suspension and 2 body, but it looks like im going for the 3" lift now

yeah i wanted the 2 suspension and 2 body set up and had to clarify it, yeah tyres are gonna be limited as well which sucks cause i know the body lift will give me more room, i'm still deciding on what size rims and offset to get cause i dont want to stick out of the guard too much, my previous car was cop bait dumped it and had fat rims, so i wanna drive my d22 around worry free cbf clearing defects anymore too waste of time. but my original plans were to get 16x8 +0 with 32 muddies that's when i'm hitting the tracks, i'm not sure with 33 muddies cause there might not be room underneath, but as daily tyres they'll just be my 275/70/16.

Yea I'm going to change my tyres coz I have 32x11.5 on 15x8 and they stick out a fair bit,I just couldn't be assed to clear defects.you should be sweet for room with the right set of 32s

Vic also has limits on tyre size I think its +_ 5 percent of standard[but check with tyre store]as well as the load limit,i found the Coopers I had on didn't meet the Terrano2 specs making the car unroadworthy & would have affected insurance in prang.Hugh

Latest posts

Back