3" suspension lift vs 2" suspension & body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lem

Reaction score
hey guys dont know if this has been covered before but i'm juggling between a 3" suspension lift and 2" suspension and 2" body i want to know the pro's and cons from your experiences and the equipment your using, from what i know about 3" suspension lift is that the cv angle is pretty bad and the ride could be stiff, 2" suspension lift seems pretty straight forward until the 2" body lift you have to adjust a couple of things which doesn't bother me and that the car cant be insured due to the body lift.

so what are your pro and cons with these 2 different lifts

if your body lift is mod plated you are safe, ive got my bars wound up 3 inches in the front n its shit, am getting aftermarket bars n shocks to make it a better ride, big tyres will level out the cv angle, a bit...

Go 3" lift looks awsome I have not had an issue with huge angles plus the wife loves the ride hasnt complained once about the lift that is.

I did have an issue when first instaled with the leaf pack saging but a 1" block sorted that issue out.

I've got the 2 and 2 lift and its a great set up, I also have the Calmini UCA's and the front still isn't wound up to a completely level ride (sits down about 10-15mm in the front) and the CV boots are already touching.... If you go a 3" you'll have to wind the front up that far that you will have fuk all space between ur bump stops if any and chances are it will ride and perform of road like a shopping trolly (shit).

ok been reading a shit load from other forums and searched around in this forum, i've learnt that cars with airbags can't have a body lift in victoria i've got a 05 d22 so now that sucks for me i was leaning towards a 2suspension+2body and was gonna order my body blocks just 20mins ago. unless someone in victoria with the same year model with airbags and has a 2suspension+2body convince me that it's ok and there insured, i'd do it, now i'm leaning for the 3" calmini lift

From what I understand
airbags = no body lift
side airbags = no sliders! so count yourself lucky you don't have those!

Like all things if you do stupid stuff than things will break no matter if you have it Std or lifted.

When I had the Cal system fitted the top bump stops where left with about 19mm of clearance (This was recomended by Cal off road) when i spoke with them.

The lift has been in for about 3 years now and i still have not busted any thing befor kids we visited Landcruiser mountain park on a regular basis towing an off road van then towing it back home again.

I had a mate who had a 05 navara with body lift and he wrote it off. He had no dramas at all with insurance. I've got two and two in my navara and you can hardly notice the blocks cos there black.

I don't see the point in 3", I think you'd be better off with 2+2 if you can figure out the airbag thing.or even just 2" sus because With aftermarket UCA the lift you have in the front will be exactly the same between the 3" and 2" lift,so the only place you get the extra lift is in the rear and extended shackles are illegal for memory and I think 3" lift is illegal in itself with some tyres.not that there's much of a chance of getting caught by cops but you wouldn't want to need your insurance at some point and risk them not covering it

What benefit does changing the upper control arms give you when you get a 2 inch lift?

Jarryd

Gives much more upper bump stop room. In fact I'm sure that without the aftermarket UCA's, you actually do not have a true 2" lift, more like 30-35mm.

that's in Vic, and is to the best of my knowledge, just like how your Bbar needs to be Air bag compatible

Thas a bit stupid considering that the body lift does not affect the air bags what so ever, should move to QLD haha

haha yeah i was telling the mrs we should either move to nsw or qld cause i wanna hit some sand dunes but illegal in vic which sucks!

I don't see the point in 3", I think you'd be better off with 2+2 if you can figure out the airbag thing.or even just 2" sus because With aftermarket UCA the lift you have in the front will be exactly the same between the 3" and 2" lift,so the only place you get the extra lift is in the rear and extended shackles are illegal for memory and I think 3" lift is illegal in itself with some tyres.not that there's much of a chance of getting caught by cops but you wouldn't want to need your insurance at some point and risk them not covering it

yeah 2" suspension with the uca was one of my options but i'd like to have the option to fit bigger tyres in the future that's why i considered the 2 suspension and 2 body lift but knowing that i cant do the body lift cause i've got air bags kinda disappointed me, and i haven't heard that a 3" lift is illegal i know extended shackles are which is fcuking stupid, and a maximum of 150mm lift from stock, these regs apply for vic as i know of it

Just got a set delivered yesterday and they were $561us delivered. Took 3 days to get here. Very good service. Cheers brad.

yea there awesome guys to deal with,got mine posted to Townsville within a week of ordering for $564 for memory delivered.one off the best Things ive done to my ute.
and if you have even the slightest mechanical skills there a piece off piss to install

[/QUOTE]yeah 2" suspension with the uca was one of my options but i'd like to have the option to fit bigger tyres in the future that's why i considered the 2 suspension and 2 body lift but knowing that i cant do the body lift cause i've got air bags kinda disappointed me, and i haven't heard that a 3" lift is illegal i know extended shackles are which is fcuking stupid, and a maximum of 150mm lift from stock, these regs apply for vic as i know of it[/QUOTE]

yea I didn't mean 3" is illegal, sorry I worded it wrong. What I meant to say is it can lead to it being illegal if the tyres are too large though I didn't know it was 150mm,i thought I read a while ago it was much less. Maybe I read wrong or it was a different state, cant just have the same bloody rules can we haha. I know guys have had issues with blocks causing damage as well so be carful there.

Yea your best option for big tyres is defiantly 2+2 but airbags punched you in the face with that. The thing is that its not the rear that you have to worry about with larger tyres as theres plenty of room there its the front and like I said before the front wont be any different between 2 and 3" with the aftermarket UCAs so getting the 3" wont let you fit bigger tyres than the 2" lift. You really need that body lift for the extra room for the tyres, how big where you wanting to go?make sure you research the best rim offset combo to maximise the size you can fit

Latest posts

Back