30,000km service dealer & injector / throttle body clean

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloba

Reaction score
Just sitting at nissan, my ute is in for its 30,000km service.

Over and above the capped price service price the dealer also is recommending as preventative maintence to get an injector clean and throttle body clean done which will incur about another 200 bux each.

Are they taking me for a ride or is it a good idea to get both these things done at 30,000km? I was also told these two things aren't included in any of the services .

Thoughts?

Opted to get both , I asked what they did and they said the hook it up to some machine that hangs off the end of the rail and pumps cleaner thru it for the injector clean at least.. Figure I also may as well get the throttle body cleaned out . I do run the tank to pretty empty most times before I fill up so thought I may as well

Might block off my egr after getting these things done too... Added about another 400 to the price of my 30k service with both these things ah well.

Just another way for the stealership to milk you, they probably put a bottle of injector cleaner in the fuel tank and take the intercooler hose of and spray some crud cleaner in there. Nothing you can't do yourself.

Get em to prove to you they have done what they have charged you for. I get my servicing done at my local arb dealer. They stamp the book and have all the mates gear to do new cars... Maybe you can look into something like that. Nissan wanted 1200 for 80000 arb did it for 450 plus did few more things cause they did. Nissan are rip off.

$30 for a at home setup...liqui moly diesel purge,filter and some hose.takes 30mins and well worth it..i did mine at 96000 and like you im running on fumes most days...almost zero crud buildup.i do use premium diesel tho.as for the throttle body clean i also did mine recently and its only egr scum your cleaning mabee some oil if your not running a catch can.its probably not nessesary but its good that it was inspected

Latest posts

Back