30 second tent

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rv3

I have an rv3 and i love it. You can get them on special at around $799 i think, i also bought the high side panels to give the extra room. They are very quick and easy to set up. Will take a little longer to put pegs in ground etc but well worth it. Highly recommend.

I have an RV4. best ever. have played with the RV3. Found no room when using the oztent king gonna stretches tho... if you want a good price pm me.. i has contacts

Iv had an RV2 for about 3 years and love it. Easy to setup and pull down quality is top notch Iv had it up in some really hectic weather and never had any issues.

I picked up a OzTent RV5 about 12 months a ago for $800 off eBay. It ended up being a OzTent (the Company) Ex-Rental RV5 that is hired out to those Event Hire-a-Tent Groups.

Takes about 5min to setup, heaps of room for X-Large stretchers that I use. But yes, you do need roof racks to carry the thing and a good set of extra hands to get it up on the racks, or as I now have a Basket to carry it.

Tent was in very good condition when I got it and about $300 below the RRP, well worth a look at if interested.

Picked up mine yesterday from rays outdoors with the 26.5% off for members. Got a great deal. RV4 with bunch of extras.

JAFO - the basket for the RV tents. Are they good? Worth the coin they want for them?

JAFO - the basket for the RV tents. Are they good? Worth the coin they want for them?

Rusty, my basket is a Rhino - 570mm x 2100mm for the $330 mark from memory. Apart from carrying the OzTent, I also brought it to carry my Rescue Boards as well which are 1900mm tall.

Only had the basket fitted last week with the Canopy, only the rescue boards have been carried so far, but will be carrying the the OZTENT in it over 3 weeks on-top of a Prado while traveling the Simpson Desert, so will let you know after that.

Yeh cool. I am looking at the 2100x350 purely for the oztent and accessories. Only $239+$35 for fitting kit.

I may have got the price wrong Rusty, it may had been $250 for the basket, I do know it was only $10 or $15 more for the larger basket then the smaller one, so brought the larger basket over the smaller, so things like the camp stretchers and small gas bottle can go up ontop the Canopy too.

Last edited:
Dont think anyone has asked? but what are the frames in these 2 tents like? How to they stand up in wind?

Cheers

Good if you use the guy ropes. if you dont use guy ropes they could fail but there heaps stronger than a dome tent etc. the only one ive ever seen with a broken frame (i run a canvas goods business behind a camping syore) had the awning tied up to the back tailgate of a cruiser wagon. they forgot and drove off with it tied on still and dragged it down the road 50mtrs. broke on suppport bar in one side cost him bugger all to fix it. they do sell spares for there products.

Heads up but i think there about to go into receivership so if you want one now could be the time as if receivers do come in and shut it down instead of seperating the company they will no longer be avaliable. if they go bust warranty will be useless but they rarely need warranty yhere a good tent

I may have got the price wrong Rusty, it may had been $250 for the basket, I do know it was only $10 or $15 more for the larger basket then the smaller one, so brought the larger basket over the smaller, so things like the camp stretchers and small gas bottle can go up ontop the Canopy too.

Gents - dont get the oztent rhino rack if you want to max out on using your available roof space. I have the RV5 and was sold on the tent basket until i wanted to put other gear on the roof - firewood,maxtrax, gas bottle. Get a large basket. The tent will sit high on the end bar of the basket, but u get heaps more usebal space.

Gents - dont get the oztent rhino rack if you want to max out on using your available roof space. I have the RV5 and was sold on the tent basket until i wanted to put other gear on the roof - firewood,maxtrax, gas bottle. Get a large basket. The tent will sit high on the end bar of the basket, but u get heaps more usebal space.

Wesso,

In a single lager Basket 2.1m x 0.6m, apart from the OzTent I can also get two Camp Stretchers and my 4kg Gas Bottle, but do agree the basket by itself does take up a lot of room, but add two baskets they provide a lot of roof top storage as well, more then any of the other full size single baskets given none of them extend over 2m in length, so I am thinking of buying another 2.1m x 0.6m basket for extra roof top storage.

Wesso,

In a single lager Basket 2.1m x 0.6m, apart from the OzTent I can also get two Camp Stretchers and my 4kg Gas Bottle, but do agree the basket by itself does take up a lot of room, but add two baskets they provide a lot of roof top storage as well, more then any of the other full size single baskets given none of them extend over 2m in length, so I am thinking of buying another 2.1m x 0.6m basket for extra roof top storage.

Your bang on mate, however I prefer having one extra large basket on my roof so I can put all sorts light bulky stuff up there (ie pushbikes). I use the RV5 once or twice a year for extended stays and a swag the rest of the time. Ive just found the one big basket more versitile.

Don't forget your friendly Rhino Rack dealer on board. I'm fully back on deck now that the trips to hospital are done with for the foreseeable future....

My brother has a black wolf turbo plus 300. Ive borrowed it a few times, and i can highly recommend those tents. Pack up half the length, but a little more bulk than the RV3. They are pretty quick to put up to, can do in about 5 mins on my own, less with the wife helping.

I recently bought the Turbo 240 Twin Lite and have to say they are brilliant. We looked at the oztrail but when I could get the black Wolf off eBay eBay for $500 it was a no brainer

I recently bought the Turbo 240 Twin Lite and have to say they are brilliant. We looked at the oztrail but when I could get the black Wolf off eBay eBay for $500 it was a no brainer

Was it an ebay store? Or just a random bargain?

Im looking at getting a turbo lite plus 240, cheapest I can find is 750

It was a random bargain I'm afraid although I've seen others around the $500 mark

Latest posts

Back