32x11.5r15 tyres and rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradm84

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone runs 15" rims on their d22 and specifically with 32" tyres?
How would these perform compared to a 16" setup?
Thought it might be an alternative to 265/75/16 but can't find many posts on here about it so might not be possible...

Brad

I've now found some posts that explain it all. Couldn't find much initially cause I've been using the tapatalk app on my phone to browse the forum and the search feature in the app doesn't seem to give very good results... Jumped on the computer onto the website and the search brought up way better results. Anyone else have that issue with the Tapatalk app?

Anyway it seems you can use a 15" rim, just with a more negative offset to clear the brake caliper. Means the tyre might stick out of the guard a little and probably more rubbing compare to a 16" with more positive offset.

I've now found some posts that explain it all. Couldn't find much initially cause I've been using the tapatalk app on my phone to browse the forum and the search feature in the app doesn't seem to give very good results... Jumped on the computer onto the website and the search brought up way better results. Anyone else have that issue with the Tapatalk app?

Anyway it seems you can use a 15" rim, just with a more negative offset to clear the brake caliper. Means the tyre might stick out of the guard a little and probably more rubbing compare to a 16" with more positive offset.

Hey Brad,

I have the same issue with tapatalk as well. Still trying to wrap my head around all these options myself. Ultimately I'd like 33's (I do have a 2" body lift) but not sure how to work out what rims I have ( I have two sets) in terms of size and offset ( can't work out what to measure) if you have any hot tips let me know....

Glad you're making progress mate!

-scott

Precisely mate, I think you need to use almost a cruiser offset in neg 22 of something to use a 15 inch rim so you dont hit the brake callipers. Don't take that as gospel though as I am only repeating what I have read on this forum.

Keep in mind neg 22 is a big difference from pos 40 which the stock wheels are. You'll be moving the tyre and rim out from the standard position by 62mm, plus if you fit a 15x8 wheel which is 1 inch wider than the standard 16x7 wheel you'll add another 12.5mm (half and inch) extra to that to, bringing the total up to moving edge of the wheel out by 74.5mm, this is an effective increase of wheel track by 149mm.

Would look sweet as, but there are some down sides. Without using extended flairs you'll get mud and rocks all up the side of your car, also if the wheels stick out past the guards it is generally illegal. Not sure which state you are in but by the QCOP (qld regs) you aren't legally allowed to increase your wheel track by greater than 50mm (so thats 25mm per side). And last of all, what I have read from people with far greater knowledge than me is that using an offset like this will put greater strain on your wheel bearings and/or steering components, (the navara's steering is already pretty loose without any extra help haha) making them more prone to failure.

Hey Scott,

As far as I know with offset, it is the measurement of how far from the centre of the rim (width ways) the mating surface of where the rim bolts to the hub is.

E.g if that is in the centre of the rim it is a 0 offset. If it is closer to the outside of the rim from centre it is + offset and if its closer to the inside of the rim it is a - offset.

The measurement is how many millimetres in the direction it is from centre.
E.g if the hub mounting surface is 20mm from the centre towards the outside it is a +20mm offset.

I think this is measured by laying a straight edge across the back or front of the rim and measuring from the straight edge to where the rim mounts to hub. From there you can measure how far from centre and in which direction either + or -.

On this forum I have found that the stock STR rims are a +40 offset. When people are putting 33's on it seems a few people are using +20 offset.

Hope that makes sense, someone correct me if I'm wrong or if it can be explained better.

Hey Scott,

As far as I know with offset, it is the measurement of how far from the centre of the rim (width ways) the mating surface of where the rim bolts to the hub is.

E.g if that is in the centre of the rim it is a 0 offset. If it is closer to the outside of the rim from centre it is + offset and if its closer to the inside of the rim it is a - offset.

The measurement is how many millimetres in the direction it is from centre.
E.g if the hub mounting surface is 20mm from the centre towards the outside it is a +20mm offset.

I think this is measured by laying a straight edge across the back or front of the rim and measuring from the straight edge to where the rim mounts to hub. From there you can measure how far from centre and in which direction either + or -.

On this forum I have found that the stock STR rims are a +40 offset. When people are putting 33's on it seems a few people are using +20 offset.

Hope that makes sense, someone correct me if I'm wrong or if it can be explained better.

Hey Brad,

Nice one mate, thanks for explaining that, makes sense! I'll measure up the rims I have tomorrow and see if I can work out what I have...

Cheers!

Hey Brad,

I have the same issue with tapatalk as well. Still trying to wrap my head around all these options myself. Ultimately I'd like 33's (I do have a 2" body lift) but not sure how to work out what rims I have ( I have two sets) in terms of size and offset ( can't work out what to measure) if you have any hot tips let me know....

Glad you're making progress mate!

-scott
Hey Scott,

Did you ever figure out what wheels you had there?
Have you gone to 33's yet?

I'm still deciding what wheels to get. Always interested to see what others have gone with...

Brad

Hey Scott,

Did you ever figure out what wheels you had there?
Have you gone to 33's yet?

I'm still deciding what wheels to get. Always interested to see what others have gone with...

Brad

Hey brad,

Haven't worked it out yet, will have a crack on Friday and let you know. Any further thoughts your end?

Cheers

Hey brad,

Haven't worked it out yet, will have a crack on Friday and let you know. Any further thoughts your end?

Cheers
Yeah, I'm looking at getting a set of 16x8 rims (probably steelies) in a +20 offset. Tyres will sit closer to level with the flares with that offset from photos of others I have seen on here.

Will just be chucking the 265/70/16 tyres I have now on it cause they are near new.

Then when they run out I'll have the option of either 265/75's or 33's since its an 8 inch wide rim.

I'm just going to stick with 16's to save a bit of hassle, but I did see a d22 the other week with 15 inch rims with 32's and it looked awesome, makes the tyres look bigger than they are cause of the taller sidewall. Didn't see an owner around to ask them about the offset though...

Latest posts

Back