400 KG Leaf Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pull them off and tell them you want a refund... then get some EFS/Lovells/Dobinsons springs.

pull them off and tell them you want a refund... then get some EFS/Lovells/Dobinsons springs.

Yeah mate don't stuff around with them. There's a half a dozen of us on here that aren't happy and Sax just push you from pillar to post with bullsit.
I put up with it for over 4 months, in that time I fitted 4 pairs of their springs and the ride is still worse than the Nissan ones I started with. If you ring and complain they will try and sell some of their shocks and they are NBG either. Get your money back before you get sucked in as I did.
Cheers fj

Hey Navmania,
I agree with the comments above, they say they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If i was you i would get a refund now while you can and go with some other brand. I too have been stuffed around for months and have been through 4 sets of springs and still not happy with them.

Yeah in a spot now. To me looking at them there are way to many leafs in them. The standard leafs have only four in total and are only about 6mm thick were the sax are running five at 8mm plus the parabolic on top at 10mm that RustyNav says are like having eight leaf packs in their. My thoughts would be to use three 6mm leafs and the 10mm parabolic and let it do the work when loaded. Or even better if the BT50 springs are so successful. Why don't they just weigh the rear of a BT50 then work out the spring rate they are using as a percentage then weigh a D22 and apply the same percentage of rate to the D22 spring give or take. I'm no spring guru but it sound logical to start their and see what they get. I also think an adjustable shock is the go as the rate of the spring changes with the amount of load you carry. A single valve rate shock really doesn't make sense when you think about it. That's my thoughts could be way off with what I'm saying like I said I'm no spring guru.

Cheers

the best suspension setup for these trucks (for most purposes at least) is the performance kit fulcrum do with bilstein and EFS gear, bit exy at $1800 but its worth it.

the best suspension setup for these trucks (for most purposes at least) is the performance kit fulcrum do with bilstein and EFS gear, bit exy at $1800 but its worth it.

Sax cost me $2500, sounds like i should have gone with that kit and saved $700 and a lot of bulshit. Anyone want to buy my sax?

Contacted sax today with good results. Spoke to Brad and told him my problems and he got straight onto it. He suggested that I try the things that I have read on here like removing that bracket that swings in the breeze. (Already tried that anyway) but did it again. Then tried moving it to the top hole but that didn't do anything because I had no load on anyway. Rang him a couple of times to let him know that it was no better. He told me they were doing tests at their end and can't see why this was happening. I had no flex at all so it was like it was solid. After that I started to do my own search and had to change the rear lower shock bushes because I had the wrong ones supplied. So I thought while I had the lower end of the shock off I would jump up on the rear bar. And hay presto it bounced like I expected it should of in the first place. So I removed the shocks completely and fitted the trusty stockers and went for a spin around the block and the difference was amazing, it is impressive. I checked the shocks and found one is stuffed. Doesn't even extend under the gas pressure and the one that dose work is hard to compress. Called brad back with the verdict and he agreed to replace them straight away but I told him I would prefer a refund and would rather use an adjustable shock instead. So full refund on the way. And front shocks for sale if anyone wants a spare set cheap.(they do work well). Brad called me back later to say he had done some tests on a set of rear shocks and even he said they are valved way to hard. So I think I will go RustyNav's way and use rancho adjustable's
So maybe check your shocks if you haven't already. Put something else in and road test because it still fells bad running no shocks.
Hay Russ what setting do you run you ranchos on if you don't mind me asking. Anyway I got a outcome hope this may help some of the others having problems.
Cheers.

Thats interesting that you got full refund, when I asked for refund on my shocks that John insisted would fix the problem, they told me there was a $100 restocking fee. And I didn't want the bloody things in the first place.
fj

So I think I will go RustyNav's way and use rancho adjustable's
So maybe check your shocks if you haven't already. Put something else in and road test because it still fells bad running no shocks.
Hay Russ what setting do you run you ranchos on if you don't mind me asking. Anyway I got a outcome hope this may help some of the others having problems.
Cheers.

Hey mate, I actually a but shocked that the PrimeXP units didn't work for you and they apparently are the best match for those springs. However it shows you that sometimes what's advertised and sold in the kits sometimes isn't what really works. Which comes to the point of doing a tonne of research before commiting.

My Rancho shocks are set on 5 and with a light load I usually adjust to 9 but sometimes don't bother. When I load for a weekend away a change the third stage pin to the load setting and have the shock on 9. When I did the cape I adjusted the shocks a fair bit to find the right comfort. Ended up on shock setting 7 and it handled the corrugations beautifully. If only I could get the same ride from the front. Maybe these Calmini arms will fix it

I'm actually pretty happy with the front in mine, using the Sax supplied torsion bars and have the Calmini arms in. I'm still using their shocks but will change them to the ranchos and try and set them to suit. Mine is a bit firm but no way uncomfortable. Running dual batteries and steel ARB bar but no winch as yet so I think that will make it rite once that's done. Just hope they hold up and don't sag. Just a tip to with the arms. Change the bolts supplied for the ball joints to something plated. I got 8.8 tensile bolts from bunnings in a blister pack, zinc plated M8 20mm and I used a Nord lock washer with them. Don't know if you have heard of them but they don't come loose. They are a very good Invention. I have done bolts up with theses on finger tight and needed a spanner to unlock them. I use them on everything. The bolt they supply will just rust and the spring washer is pretty small. If you have any questions about fitting them don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for that tip. I have never used the nord locks only ever spring washers. Ill wait till they turn up and then head off to the local bolt mob for some new bolts.

The sax supplied torsion bars are Ironman Gear. They should do the job. I will be installing Rancho shocks if the Efs are to short

Thanks

So i pulled sax shocks out today and put standard one's back in. It did make a difference, not so harsh and a bit more bearable.So i have decided i will now put some adjustable shocks in to.
I was always going to put bilsteins in but i don't think they come in adjustable as far as i know, so i was thinking of rancho or tough dog. Rancho i would have to order in the mail, Tough dog the local mechanic sells so i am leaning towards them at the moment as i don't really want to order from another state again, with all the trouble i have had with doing that.

So who runs Tough dog or Rancho adjustables?
Good and bad comments about both would be appreciated.

Cheers Steve.

Pretty sure Bilstein are self adjusting.

There's plenty of good reports about bilstein and not many bad, but i have seen some that say bilstein are pretty stiff and i definately don't want to spend more money and end up with still to harsh a ride. Thats why i was thinking a fully adjustable shock so i could dial in the setting that suits me.

Dave (moderator) has bilsteins, think he has had them for like 200000km you should maybe send him a PM and see what they are like.

Hey old bear. One other thing I did and you could try because I don't know if it help mine because I did shocks at the same time, loosen the front hanger bolt that connects the spring to the chassis. I loosened the bolt all the way off then tightened it back up till the nut just touched the chassis then gave it another quarter turn. My rear shackle bolts aren't that tight either, I'm going to change the nuts on the shackles to nylocks or cone lock nuts. I don't like the idea of loose nuts and bolts anywhere. Also have you removed that 3rd stage bracket that has the rubber bump stop on it. I had it explained to me how it works (can't see how) but apparently the idea is if that if the top 3rd stage spring has extra load on it due a heavy load in the back the top spring is suppose to be like a counter leaver and pull the front of the 3rd stage spring up to that bump stop. Why I can't see how is that it has two u bolts in the middle clamping the spring to the diff. So how can the rear of the 3rd stage with the shackle pull the front of the spring up to the bump stop? Anyway when I tried to adjust the front u bracket (with the bump stop) up to activate it and put the pin in the bottom hole I noticed mine is not exactly bent square and bound up as I raised it. So if this bracket dose what they say it dose it may be adding resistance to the 3rd stage. So I'm going to remove it. It's pretty vulnerable to a hit anyway. Just going to get some thick washers and put the pin back in to keep the hole clean. My set of springs have had a leaf removed at one stage and the pack is now thinner and even when I put the pin in the bottom hole I have a 10mm gap between the bump stop and the leaf anyway. So if I ever need that adjustment I will have to pack the bump stop up anyway so it at least makes contact. It's a worry that it has taken a group of us on here to fix their product problems. Anyway maybe try some of those things and see if it helps. Cheers.

Anyone got there money back ?

Sent off a few emails the other day.

Still waiting on replies. Might have too ring up John tomorrow and have a go at him.

Over these rubbish springs.

Anyone got there money back ?

Sent off a few emails the other day.

Still waiting on replies. Might have too ring up John tomorrow and have a go at him.

Over these rubbish springs.

So Dave...... with the new ones they sent u, they're no better then ??? No improvement ?

Maybe a slight improvement Rob.

Not worth the effort of pulling the old one's out and putting these in.

Back