4wd not engaging???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwyse

Reaction score
Gday guys

My 4wd is not engaging. I have checked the fuses and relays and is having trouble diagnosing the fault.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers

Mike

Assuming that you're following the correct procedure, it could be one of the switches on the transfer case - I think I've read somewhere here that they've been found faulty a couple of times.

I also seem to recall that when those switches were faulty, the indicators in the instrument panel didn't show the vehicle entering 4WD mode - they remained flashing. Is that the case with yours?

switches

The 4wd light comes on briefly. I'll get them to check the switches if they havnt already however there was that smoky smell in the cabin so im thinking something electronic...

what do u think???

Smoky smells are bad. If yours is under warranty, the dealer should fix it. It'll be interesting to know what it was. We haven't had a problem with ours, and we've used 4WD a reasonable amount when out in the forests, especially pulling the van up muddy slopes.

Back