4wd suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fn** law has changed 3 times in 18 months.
Now you have to do a lane change test.
Just another way for the government to make money.
Cheers

Hey Zordo are you still doing bash plates?? I found a thread on another site (given it was 2012) was wondering if your still doing plates??

Haha cheers mate, I tried researching it myself and came across so much conflicting info. However you could argue the suspension is standard height (I mean you cant really raise the front end much as you are limited by the IFS/torsion bar setup, and you could technically raise the front without change any components at all) and if I had standard tyres then I could just get the K3 mod plate for the blocks and be done with it as you only need a K3 plate if all you are doing is body lift. And then to level the back I could just remove a leaf as the back is probably raised 50-60mm, or just drive around with 300kg in the back haha.

Hey Zordo are you still doing bash plates?? I found a thread on another site (given it was 2012) was wondering if your still doing plates??

Hi mate.
Yes still doing bash plates, but in Brisbane only as shipping would not make it worthwhile for you.
Cheers

Haha cheers mate, I tried researching it myself and came across so much conflicting info. However you could argue the suspension is standard height (I mean you cant really raise the front end much as you are limited by the IFS/torsion bar setup, and you could technically raise the front without change any components at all) and if I had standard tyres then I could just get the K3 mod plate for the blocks and be done with it as you only need a K3 plate if all you are doing is body lift. And then to level the back I could just remove a leaf as the back is probably raised 50-60mm, or just drive around with 300kg in the back haha.

Hi mate.
yes it is much easier to certify a body lift if you don't have a suspension lift.
Cheers

Zordo, Do you by any chance have a photo of the 150kg dobinsons leaf springs for a D22? I have the 350kg springs and want to remove a leaf to get a bit of bounce out of them. Or can you advise in which leaf to remove?

Cheers

Zordo, Do you by any chance have a photo of the 150kg dobinsons leaf springs for a D22? I have the 350kg springs and want to remove a leaf to get a bit of bounce out of them. Or can you advise in which leaf to remove?

Cheers

Sorry mate, I don't have a photo.
Normally you would remove the third leaf from the top
Cheers

That's what dobinsons said aswell but the third down has the spring clips on it. I found a few photos and it looks like the difference is the second spring down

That's what dobinsons said aswell but the third down has the spring clips on it. I found a few photos and it looks like the difference is the second spring down

Yeas I had a look & you are right.
they 3+3 leaves so remove the second one.
But this will soften the ride & lower the car.
unfortunately Dobinson use thick leaves & removing one leaf will make quite a difference

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey Zordo, what lift kit would you recommend for a manual MN Triton for weekend offroading whilst carrying tools ladders etc. for work during the week and what price shipped to 3931 VIC?

Apparently 25mm max due to tailshaft angles etc. Or can you go higher in your experience?

Asking for a mate.

Thanks in advance

Hey Zordo, what lift kit would you recommend for a manual MN Triton for weekend offroading whilst carrying tools ladders etc. for work during the week and what price shipped to 3931 VIC?

Apparently 25mm max due to tailshaft angles etc. Or can you go higher in your experience?

Asking for a mate.

Thanks in advance

Hi mate.
can do a Bluemax kit for $1500 deliveried
You can get approx. 50mm.
The vibe thing seems to be more with single cabs
I have never had this problem
Cheers

Hi Zordo, I have a '14 d40 with an Iron man const load kit fitted but there is 70mm ht difference front to rear.
to level this outabit would I be better off with the I man spring spacer or a 25mm strut spacer and extended ball joints.
Your advice would be really appreciated
cheers
Phil

Hi Zordo, I have a '14 d40 with an Iron man const load kit fitted but there is 70mm ht difference front to rear.
to level this outabit would I be better off with the I man spring spacer or a 25mm strut spacer and extended ball joints.
Your advice would be really appreciated
cheers
Phil

Hi mate.
25mm strut spacer & extended ball joints would be a better option.
More height & still have your down travel.
I can supply both these items if you require.
Ball joints are Spanish or Thai.
The 10mm spring spacer will work but you will have more preload on the coil & lose some down travel
Cheers

Latest posts

Back