4WD Systems LR Fuel Tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries. Are you fitting it yourself or getting someone to to do it for you?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I fitted mine myself. Couldn't get the rear diff to driveshaft flange bolts undone so I just used a jack with some timber on it so as not to scratch the tank and went in at an angle to clear the driveshaft and jacked it up the further under it went... Kinda hard to describe, but looking at it you'll see what I mean. If you can get your tailshaft out it will be a lot easier lol

May do the front lokka at the same time if i get them to fit. How much clearance did u lose bods? Only have a 2 inch suspension lift myself atm.

Probably lose about 2 inches at the front of the tank as it points nose down a bit... Here's a couple of pics if you can make them out lol
e97583b7c36d3dd130bd93fbda0c0f9b.jpg

690e858aa2190bcc8598a1a8c02987e8.jpg

Yeah. If you had a 2 inch body lift or were planning one I'd get it built to suit. I'm not planning on body lifting mine so wasn't really fussed. Haven't belted it on anything yet, but was considering gusseting the front mounting bracket, but haven't had any issues with it just yet...

Probably not going the body lift atm mate. Just got the 2 inch suspension lift atm. Want bigger rubber too so see what evolves in the near future

I've got that too... 265/75s is the biggest you'll get without a body lift

Or apparently 235/85s if you want the cheese cutter look...

So reviving this thread a little... just bought a 4wd systems 137l tank. Unfortunately it arrived a bit rusty around the top and internally where water had sat and got in... top was just "sealed" with masking tape so acted as a syphone to let water in. Tank had been black plastic wrapped but not well enough. Postal service obviously had it sitting outside for a while. Not impressed by the weld spatter and grinding dust in the paint job so ended up sanding the tank down and re-primed and added a thick coating of septone from supercheap auto for good measure. Internally gave a few flushes of evaporust too I know the diesel would sort it but easier to get all the metaly bits and rust out while on the bench. As has been mentioned before would be tempted to weld a gusset to the front bracket for peace of mind making it stronger and add a bash plate for the front (as I suspect even without having it installed yet that it will sit 50mm lower). Interestingly the original tank has a lot better internal baffle to keep fuel where the pick up is when vehicle is at odd angles compared to the 4wd systems one which has none around the pick up. So low on fuel and descending or climbing could be an issue... not sure if anyone has had any issues there? Feel like there would be a reasonable amount of fuel left in the tank even when "empty". Overall they were still the cheapest option so thumbs up there... but spent another $65 on rust removal and $30 on paint and time spent grinding/sanding painting etc... so that might make it comparable to other brands if they arrive ready to go. Started trying to fit it up tonight have removed the the rear diff attach point but it looks like it's going to take some fiddling to get it in and sorted. If I get some photos I'll try and throw them up here.

Latest posts

Back