4x4 Disengagement issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingy89

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an 07 Stx and the old girl is having disengaement issues from 4x4 the little 4x4 symbol the dash flashes ( Not the actual 4wd light that lights up yellow but the one near your odmeter) contantly.

and when driving around the old girl cluncks and carries on but when you select 4x4 hi or low the clunking goes away and it is happy trails.

Has any one got any idea what may the problem be i have never seen inside the tranfer on these things and a little reluctant to pull it apart without asking a cuple questions.

Its most likely the actuator. its the little black box on the back of the transfer case. They sometimes get moisture in there and corrode and clog up.
I would have a look in side the cover first before looking at the transfer itself.
It can be operated manually with a big screwdriver and a shifter. There is also a controller under the dash but it rarely is the cause. its usually corrosion in the little black box on the transfer. replacement is an easy fix..
there is some wright ups on here about it try the search function for transfer case actuator or something like that for more info.

I'd suspect that servo as well. It's been problematic for a few people. It could (hopefully not, and it's less likely to be this) also be something wrong with the engagement mechanism within the transfer case.

The way to tell is to follow 4naving's advice. If you put the screwdriver in and find it very difficult to turn, the mechanism might have an issue (and the servo might work but just be unable to push hard enough to do the job).

Cheers for the advice guys. I will have a gander at it when i am bad from work thanks heaps will keep you lads updated on the fix

Latest posts

Back