5" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davojohnson

Reaction score
Hey everyone has anyone done a 5" lift total consisting of a 3" suspension and a 2" body? Got a 00" dual cab that I'm getting a 5" out in soon and just wondering what people think of them who have done it

Cheers

Hey everyone has anyone done a 5" lift total consisting of a 3" suspension and a 2" body? Got a 00" dual cab that I'm getting a 5" out in soon and just wondering what people think of them who have done it

Cheers
It's not legal as far as I know mate, might have insurance problems too.

To the above comment,

Yes you can get it mod plated.. But I would like to see you try to get a Insurance pay out once they see the 5 inch lift.

Illegal as for the D 22..
Way above the legal maximum height !!!!!

You can get it engineered if you pass a lane change test in wa. Which you have to pay for yourself. Pretty sure it's over the 1k mark just for that test as it has to be done on a private road or racetrack or something... if you head to the wa department of transport page they have what's required for licensing after major mods like that.

Anything over 1'' 1/2 in the front end you'll need to drop the diff or buy the up market C/V's. Snake racing get away with this issue problem as they are for "racing only"!
Their U/C/A are just one part of what needs to be done.. trust me I have been over and over this shite with Snake. They sell a 2'' and a 3'' with no mention of the problems it will cause your C/V's.. I have pictures of the damage these U/C/A cause and the clearances you will get after lifting you ute.. Don't get me wrong they can be lifted but it's not as easy as bolting on longer control arms... Oh and don't be fooled by the shite Superior engineering sell either = the diff drop they sell is pathetic and dose only half the job... Speak to Craig there- he knows fukc all about everything ... Ask him "Craig the cokc smasher" what angle the diff drop they sell will leave your front tail-shaft at ? fukc heads selling shite to "people that know no better" and taking full advantage of them.

Oh and a body lift over 35mm 40mm raises the radiator past the fan- here are some pics of the clearances you will have on you C/V's with just a 2'' lift with Snake U/C/A at full droop ?

''Oh I can hear all the owners of these U/C/A saying "i have never had any issues with them" ! Most will never have theirs at full droop in 4x4 and most will never pull theirs apart to see the C/V cup on the diff end has cracked and split due to the angle of the c/v shaft.. I was lucky- I checked mine before I drove off... but each to their own
The other pic is of the U/C/A powder coating after 2 years.. I hate powder coating on car /bike parts- it's shite and once it cracks the rust goes wild underneath it... It's for signs and kitchen appliances - it's shite..

Attachments

• 20150810_133009.jpg
    20150810_133009.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 20150810_132258.jpg
    20150810_132258.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
To the above comment,

Yes you can get it mod plated.. But I would like to see you try to get a Insurance pay out once they see the 5 inch lift.

your wrong there old cock can't get that mod plated in Qld 2x2 only up here china yeah!

i made that comment because i know from experience with suspension lift, body lift and 285's on my navara.
it has been engineered, mod plated and lane change tested and is 100% legal and roadworthy, my insurance company has no problem with it at all.
with all the mods listed on my policy and transport signing it off as raodworthy i doubt they could get out of a claim if they wanted too.

Well I am in Queensland

NO IN Tasmania..lol

So that is 3 inches on suspension
2 inches on a body lift

And not forgetting 2 inches on your tyres as you have gone up to 285/ 75

If my mathematics work properly that is 7 inches of lift!!!

Tasmania must have a very lax laws on their height restrictions....... From standard

Last edited:
Sorry didn't realize we were talking about queensland laws only!
Mine is plated under the ncop and i am allowed 150mm lift total.
I have 75mm suspension, 35mm body lift (had approval for 50mm) and 25mm from tyre (50mm dia increase only gives 25mm lift).

Sorry didn't realize we were talking about queensland laws only! Mine is plated under the ncop and i am allowed 150mm lift total. I have 75mm suspension, 35mm body lift (had approval for 50mm) and 25mm from tyre (50mm dia increase only gives 25mm lift).

Well maybe before putting information up which can be misleading you should have a look at the person who has asked for the information
And check their location so the information that is put up is correct for their location... If you do not know about the state laws for the location you should say you are in a different state(and this is what happens in my state but it could be different in yours)

Misleading information does not help anybody.!!!!!!!!!!!

This is supposed to be a forum about giving correct advice not misleading...

End of rat...

Well maybe before putting information up which can be misleading you should have a look at the person who has asked for the information
And check their location so the information that is put up is correct for their location... If you do not know about the state laws for the location you should say you are in a different state(and this is what happens in my state but it could be different in yours)

Misleading information does not help anybody.!!!!!!!!!!!

This is supposed to be a forum about giving correct advice not misleading...

End of rat...

hey ease up jerk this is a friendly forum man, have a look at your location lol

Hey everyone, sorry about the long absences, my phone wasn't getting any notifications but thanks for the input everyone

I'm also in QLD and I thought the new laws as of a couple of years ago allowed a total of 4" lift? I'm not 100% at the moment and I'm actually thinking about just getting 2" suspension and a 2" body at the most now but not too sure yet. I'll have to do a bit more research on it and ask around a bit more.

Cheers

To the above comment,

maybe you should look at who you are replying to you dick!

Latest posts

Back