550 vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burchy01

Reaction score
Have a 2013 STX-550 which has a vibration when decelerating at lower speeds, below 40k's.
have it booked in for service next week but want to get a jump on the dealer if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Hiya Burchy01
I have an ST-X 2012 model that's had a vibration in what feels like the centre bearing since new its got 20K on it now and after 2 services the dealer keeps telling me it tyre balance .......
yea right I'm about to take it in for the 20. How did you go? did you get rid of your vibration?

vibration

picked up my brand new stx v6 last week. As soon as I got on the freeway I had a bad vibration from 85kmh, had my wheels balanced as soon as I could, I have access to a balancer, all 4 tyres had high spots on them, went back to Nissan they put on a set from their loan ute, went for a drive vibration gone, dealer got in touch with Goodyear, they checked tyres out and are replacing all 4 tyres tommorrow

I've just had my tyres balanced and rotated and the vibration is now more noticeable, its a short sharp vibration coming through the floor pan and make an out of round sound. any one else have vibration problem with the v6 stx?

my tyres had high spots. I could start to feel vibration from 80kmh on smooth rd, worse at 95-100. When I had my tyres balanced they showed me the spinning tyres on the balancer the high spot was clearly visible.

My response

I'm in the industry and deal with the importer of the vehicle PRE CAR.

The STX v6 and STX 550 were made in batches.
Most have been sitting around for 6-9 months in holding yards.
Sitting that long on one section of the tyre will of certainly caused a flat spot and viabrations.

I had the same issues and went to a Bob Jane Tyres.
They organized a rep to inspect, who agreed the flat spots were there and tyres were replaced.

I'm sure you all know about the corrosion issues with the Navaras.

Unfortunately at high tide the navaras if on bottom level of ship are driven through the ocean water to get them out,sometimes way above door steps and then parked in there holding yards situated not far by.

The salt is never washed off.
The Navaras sit on a sandy soil which also has high salt content.
Ive witnessed some badly corroded Navaras.
My one had minor rust spots but I change the truck every 3 years so not worried.

This of cause is also happening to other manufactures.

Back