5inchLIFT Yes i did

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5inchLIFT

Reaction score
QLDer newie , hav had my D40 since new12/05 spanish build,goes well,all &any recalls done, put tray & canopy on after 4 years, 5inch suspension lift nov 2011. one question at the moment, airbag light flashes all the time & now & then battery & ABS lights

Gday and welcome to the forums. sorry i cant help much with the electric's.
Im sure someone on here will have an answer for ya, "Old Tony" would be the man i would ask about that sort of prob, he's the man.

thanks for the reply nathand, it seemed to hav only started after i fitted dual batt control system i might hav spiked a computer

Truck might be suffering from the altitude lol

Have you tried and ECU reset?
Other things to look for would be chaffed cables under the dash. Maybe its getting a stray earth from somewhere it shouldnt

aanndd who would would i go see to hav that done, or is there somthing under bonnet i can take a hammer too ? handles very well on & off road , with a better turn circle, had to swap adjustable steer arms

Last edited:
the ecu reset is easy mate, all you do is disconnect the battery(make sure you have the radio security code) then with the battery disconnected put your foot on the brake to get rid of any residual power, then hook the battery back up.
This also can help with fuel re- learn so if you go for a very gentle drive making sure not to go over 2500rpm then turn it off again and the reset is complete.

that is about the best thing ive heard all year will give it ago tomorrow & let u know how i go . THANKS AGAIN in advance

With a lift that big, you should have had your ABS cables extended. They're responsible for several things, including whether or not you can get into 4HI or 4LO.

I think a good start to figuring it out will be to check the ECU for codes. Anyone with a $200 Scangauge can do that, or if you have a $50 BlueTooth OBD adapter you can use free software on an Android phone to do it.

If the car's running normally except for these lights it's possible something has been damaged. There's no way to tell at this early stage.

Try the reset as suggested, then see if you can get those codes read.

Washed the ute yesterday so took pics this morn,if i got it right they should be in my album

Mate have you extended your abs lines? I did a 7" lift on my D40 and had a mechanic extend the front lines but i thought the rear were long enough, then when she flexed up it stretched the lines and actually busted the abs sensor in the rear left hub ($140 later). And it was kicking up all sorts of stupid codes and warning lights. So all im saying is make sure there is plenty of slack on those abs lines!!!!

Latest posts

Back