6sp gearbox issues..?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickstanz

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Headed out with the new camper trailer this weekend with plans to head down the Holland Track, then 200km from home gearbox starts leaking (noticed it when stoped for brake) then when we went to pull out to head for a mechanic I had trouble getting it into reverse, gear lever didn't want to press down for reverse but finally managed to get it without going down, got on the road, and gears 5 and 6 "overshoot" I guess you could say, but if you bring the lever back a little to the left they go in fine.

Have found a camp site for the night and pulled in, gearbox back to normal, backed into camp site, gearbox broken again.

No strange noises, no bang when it went, runs smoothly, goes into the first 4 gears nicely and sometimes 5,6 nicely. Confused...

Heading back home tomorrow to swap vehicles but just wondering what peoples thoughts are? Am I up for a new gearbox? If so what's the damage for something like that?

Cheers guys hope your day's going better then mine!

First thing to do would be drop the oil and see if it has sparkly bits in it. If it does, that would indicate bearings... if it doesn't look too bad, chuck some new oil in and some friction additive and see if that improves it...

Latest posts

Back