7 pin trailer plug wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoney

Reaction score
Hey guys i have been looking all over the forum trying to find a wiring diagram to wire in a 7 pin trailer plug.
I looked at the wiring loom running to the break and indicator lights but the wire colours dont make much sense.
any suggestions would be great.
Cheers

Are you trying to find the wires from the loom to the socket?Tried wiki?

Edit: Google images is just as helpful,

Yeah my first idea was a multimeter the problem is that the loom plug if fused shut, the only other thing i could think of is slice into the wires and test it that way. its just a bit more of a mission :/

Is this any help?
http://www.campertrailers.org/trailer_wiring_diagram.htm

That is assuming they have used the "standard" 7 wire cable and followed the wiring code, says someone who is planning to replace the dodgy wiring in his with 7 wire all white mains controlled cable that only has numbers every metre.

It is a frigging major PITA suddenly finding faulty wiring somewhere to/n the trailers, so one one of my first projects after getting a trailer was to build a car trailer socket light tester on a long cable so I could sit in the driver seat and test all the wires/pins in the car socket were working. That was after blowing up two indicator control boxes in the van as they could not stand the current and building my self a relay box inside the back mudguard to actually run the trailer lights.

The second was a long extension cord and a socket with tails so I could touch the ground wire and each of the others to battery terminals to test that the lights on the trailer were working.

So long as I put them back where they belong, they are quick and easy to find.

I ended up pulling the rear lights apart and follow the wires. The wire color changes 2 times as it goes through different loom plugs,
But it ended up being as follows:
Breaks- Dark Pink
Reverse- Light Pink
Left Indicator- Purple
Right Indicator- Orange
Rear lights- Grey
trailer Break assist- Brown
Neutral/ Earth return- Black
.. Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
Back