70\265 x 4 and a spare

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brikelly

Reaction score
hey guys i'm wanting to get a set of 5 bf goodrich tyres and i was wondering if someone out there has them on a st-x 2010 navara. And if they were successfully able to put it under their utes spare tyre location under the tray. And if they weren't what did they do to make it work.

the guys at the shop reckon it doesnt fit. the tyre is a 70 265 for a 17 inch rim

Don't ST-X run that size from the factory? you'd be better off getting 265/75 for a few reasons.

1. cheaper.
2. you get about another half inch ground clearance under your diffs.
3. more common easier to replace in remote areas.

you may get a little bit of scrubbing but just cut the part of the guard that scrubs.

edit: oh you have 17" wheels, you should be right with 265/70 R17 then.

if all else fails let some air out of the spare and since most people carry a compressor anyway, you can just reinflate once removed from under the tray.

how many kms are doing over the speed limits with that size tyre ? :)
And are you still able to fit your spare under the tray ?

this cutting and massaging, Can you guys elaborate what that means. I'm assuming you mean cutting away some plastic :) And do the guys who fit the tyres can they do that for you or do you have to do it yourself ?

Cutting and massaging is just another way of saying cutting up your front guards and smashing them in with a hammer, the extent to which you have to do this will depend on the tyre and offset.

Just raised 2 inches

You can squeeze a 285/75 on if you have lift

I just got the 2 inch raise but even a 285 still would rub agains the body when off road and hitting rocks according to the guys at the tyre shop.

265 are still the safe bet at this stage unless you got any other suggestions ?

Rubbing

so having a 2 inch lift kit you guys with 285 arn't rubbing at all against the body of your navara's ? What models do you guys have ? Mine is stx 2010 and i put the 285 inside and there ain't that much room if you go off road.

so not really worth it by the sounds of it. Are their companies that do it professionally ?

Latest posts

Back