9.5T Winch $350! TILL DEC 23

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my mates got one in his patrol. hes used it a good 5 times and still nothing wrong with it. oh and hes patrol weighs over 2ton fully loaded

I would have no idea what mine weighs but I know my work ute is 2.3T (Holden Colorado King Cab). I will have to take mine over a weigh bridge next time I get a chance to.

Good to know its only snatch straps that are by 3. I am sure a 4.3T winch will do me just fine.
It's the impact force on the car and on the snatch which means you have to times it by three. I honestly couldn't tell you want factor to consider with a winch, BUT, as an engineer, there are a couple of things I would consider:
1. Factor of safety. Although the cabling might be measured to such and such weight, what if the cable is worn at a certain point? What if outside obstructions effect the durability? Any bends in the cable (such as a tree hook etc) will decrease it's strength, also.
2. Snatching force. Don't expect much, winches are slow to wind up, so it's not really an issue.

Anyway, as long as your head is screwed on, don't worry about it.

Bugga. I've been hesitating about buying a winch - the name brands are bit $$$. But then I never really asked myself what I wanted it for. After a bit of thought I reckon I'm in the once or twice a year bracket (insurance really) - so off to SCA. But alas - sold out! Oh well - next time!

Ok so I just got a supercheap catalog in the mail. They are on it for $350. It starts the 26th and ends the 1st.
Second chances for anyone who wanted one that missed it.
From working at supercheap I know they can check every store to see if they have any in stock. The also must hold one if the customer asks at the other store.

Ok so I just got a supercheap catalog in the mail. They are on it for $350. It starts the 26th and ends the 1st.
Second chances for anyone who wanted one that missed it.
From working at supercheap I know they can check every store to see if they have any in stock. The also must hold one if the customer asks at the other store.

Cool - back SCA I go. That is if I can escape (yep, stuck in the office all day :rant:)!

Cool - back SCA I go. That is if I can escape (yep, stuck in the office all day :rant:)!

Just keep in mind it doesn't start till the 26TH.
The computer system they have there doesn't allow them to change prices without a valid reason, which is checked by the main office.

Just keep in mind it doesn't start till the 26TH.
The computer system they have there doesn't allow them to change prices without a valid reason, which is checked by the main office.

Hmmm - staring at a computer screen all day gives me a headache, and now I'm misreading things. OK - off to SCA next chance I get, then off to the optometrist :big_smile:

on that note, if you go into the store and they have no stock they can hold one for you at the same price when the next load comes in, you just need to give them your details.

they seem decent enough, i put one of the 12000lb ones on layby when they had them out for $600 a couple of months ago. pick it up just after christmas hopefully. main difference is the dyneema rope as opposed to the cable the 9500lb one has, a lot less weight from the winch itself

Last edited:
I got one today thanks for posting this mate looks good. There selling like hot cakes I went to 3 stores I found one finally the only one left lol winner

I went out wednesday and found some new tracks at my local area.
Went down what seemed like and easy rocky track that before I could turn around turned into a very steep clay rutted out track.
I spent the next 2 and a half hours winching myself around trees to where I could turn around and winching back out.
Even if I never use this winch again it has more than paid for itself.

so it works well then ?? iv got mine still haven't had the time to fit it yet ..ill do it next year lol

Back