9.5T Winch $350! TILL DEC 23

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
Just saw an ad on TV, Supercheap Auto has a winch on sale for $350 until Friday.
I am going to grab on and see how it goes.
As an ex-supercheap employee I know they are SUPERcheap with some items but have a full replacement warranty.

The brand is "Ridge Rider" don't know who makes them though.

Joffo81 Kindly pointed out they are 9500LBS (pounds) not 9500KG, which makes them 4.3 Tonne

Last edited:
Forgot to mention they are down from 700.
The 12T is on sale for 750 I think I remember seeing.

Don't know if this is just for Queensland or what but it would be worth calling and asking.

Last edited:
The warranty is one year as far as I know.
Quality is the issues I had but I was thinking that if they were originaly 700 they must be half decent

My thoughts as well.
I have heard that you times the weight of the vehicle by 3 when it is stuck in mud.
So a 9.5 would well suit mine. That way I can hit the tracks anytime of anyday and not have to worry.
Unless it S#!ts out.

Yea it should be good i might go get it tomorro im still abit iffy its my last crissy savings. to winch or not to winch that is the question ! i will let u know if i do

Similar price and probably similar unit to ALDI. They get a pretty good wrap from people who actually have them - once you wade through all the douches who don't actually own one saying YOU HAVE TO BUY A WARN derrrrrrr

Haha nice Dion.
I don't see what would be to bad about it.
And with supercheaps warranty and return policy seems to be a win for me.

I just saw the ad while reading this thread! It is actually a 9,500 pound winch - NOT 9,500 kg. Still could be a good buy at half price though!

Just saw an ad on TV, Supercheap Auto has a winch on sale for $350 until Friday.
I am going to grab on and see how it goes.
As an ex-supercheap employee I know they are SUPERcheap with some items but have a full replacement warranty.

The brand is "Ridge Rider" don't know who makes them though.

They were on special last year same time same price.
Probably nothing wrong with em but I would use it a few times before the warranty runs out to be sure.
Ask yourself how often you would use it.
Once or twice a year go for it.
Once or twice a month and I would pay closer attention to the high end stuff.

Oh and I meant to add if $350 is all you've got spare to put towards a winch when there is so many other nice things to buy for your nav then just do it

I will still be buying this winch as it is a good score in my mind. I will use it once every few months so it should do me fine.
Agreed if you were to be using your winch every month you would be grabbing a better known brand for reliability.
As a winch was on my to do list and this is the right price it will be there until it dies.
It is still less than the price of a hand winch (and a hell of a lot less effort). I would be using it to pull me out of trouble.
Probably not to pull others out unless, for some reason, a snatch strap was not available.

Just had a look yeah Heath d22 Post 7 Winch

I will give it a go over New years, my plan is to have it fitted then get myself bogged in a quicksand pit at a mates property and see if I can winch out. I will have the dampener and tree protector to go with.
If I'm stuck the '78 Landrover Defender can tow me out.

They had the 12000lb with dyneema rope for about $500 a couple of months ago, I think they're on sale for $750 now. If they come back to $500 I will get one.

Ok so I have just finished installing mine. Was a bit of a pain in the ass and I needed to get some longer bolts to make it fit but its in and looking good.
It came with a stupid looking control stick so I pulled the guts out and mounted it in the cab. Still to mount the number plate but here are some pics.
IMG_20111223_165019.jpg

IMG_20111223_170138.jpg

IMG_20111223_165114.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! Let us know how it holds up.

My thoughts as well.
I have heard that you times the weight of the vehicle by 3 when it is stuck in mud.
So a 9.5 would well suit mine. That way I can hit the tracks anytime of anyday and not have to worry.
Unless it S#!ts out.
You times it by 3 when you are using a snatch strap as the impact force can rip it up badly. Winches aren't so bad.

Latest posts

Back