95 D21 Navara 4WD - need advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyg_253

Reaction score
Hi all, just a newby here and to Nissan Navara's,

I picked up a 95 D21 Navara 4wd with a 2.7TD and after getting it home and having a look over it, it seems that the previous owner has replaced the gearbox with a Patrol gearbox, and has a transfer case on the wrong side of the vehicle, they have just left it as a 2wd vehicle. and have left the vehicle with no gear lever for the 4WD, no jackshaft, and possibly done some mods to get this gearbox in, i'm guessing.

My question is, what are my options to get the 4WD happening again, is it possible to find a transfer case off a D21 and interchange? or am i up for a heap more work. Just deciding what to do with this vehicle and how much work i'm in for.

Thanks all
Tony G

Based on bellhousing compatibility, it is more likely that a transfer case from the back of a RD28 suited gearbox has been fitted to the back of the TD27's gearbox. I guess in readiness for a solid axle swap in the front.

You're chasing a Navara transfer case, from a D22 or D21. Engine type shouldn't matter.

Coukd you take some pics of how it fits up please? The d22 and d21 have the same floor plans yes? I would like to see how it fits with clearances and stuff if I ever decide to solid axle swap using a patrol transfer to change the prop shaft from passenger to drovers side

Based on bellhousing compatibility, it is more likely that a transfer case from the back of a RD28 suited gearbox has been fitted to the back of the TD27's gearbox. I guess in readiness for a solid axle swap in the front.

You're chasing a Navara transfer case, from a D22 or D21. Engine type shouldn't matter.

Just some pics i took tonight for ID of the box, if that helps

Attachments

• DSC00891.jpg
    DSC00891.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00895.jpg
    DSC00895.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00896.jpg
    DSC00896.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00897.jpg