A few d22 ratio & wheelbase questions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what motor are you using? why use the nav box? I can see the benefits of using the whole chassis but wouldnt it be easier to keep the whole drivechain patrol?

Im using my zd30 from the navara, there is noting wrong with the navara gearbox, its all about getting the right gearing. as for the drivetrain yes it would be easier, but that's not what im about (i do this day in and day out so its not hard to work it out anyway) and i dont like the dinosaur drivetrain/ design of the patrol stuff.

cheers mark.

So i got a gq patrol st today for 2g.. the cool thing is it came with a front arb airlocker, warn winch, 4" lift (getting rid of that though) and a whole lot of other goodies.. if the back is ok in the morn ill be stripping the body off and fitting the nav body and tub on, then its onto the engine fitting and t-case adapter, hoping to have all that finished in a few days to a week, then its off to the body shop to repair the front end.

cheers mark.

So i got a gq patrol st today for 2g.. the cool thing is it came with a front arb airlocker, warn winch, 4" lift (getting rid of that though) and a whole lot of other goodies.. if the back is ok in the morn ill be stripping the body off and fitting the nav body and tub on, then its onto the engine fitting and t-case adapter, hoping to have all that finished in a few days to a week, then its off to the body shop to repair the front end.

cheers mark.

Nice find. what sorta stuff is it going to be used for?

Nice find. what sorta stuff is it going to be used for?

Hi josh.
sure was a good find.
using it for the normal stuff, dd, beach l.c.m.p and towing the buggies.it wont be as big as yours for now (dont want another toy just yet as i have the buggies if i ever get one running again (time), but it will be lifted around 2" (does not sound much but the body sits higher on the chassis and will flex like a mofo.. so very usable in all conditions yet tame enough to drive great.

for those of you that dont know, this was my last toy (made over 7 years). i could so easily do that to this but not for now.
F1020015a.jpg

P8140037.jpg

Cruiserpark2005014.jpg

cheers mark.

I will start a buildup for those that are interrested as this thread is now going offtrack, but for now a quick update.

i got the patrol stripped and the navara body sitting on the chassis as of yesterday/ last night, today will be a little slower as i have to go get the back x-rayed but hopefully all the body and tub mounts will be done.

cheers mark.

Back