A good 4x4 insurance company

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My memory from Shannons is they wouldnt cover shit on my car hence why i didnt go near them. But then again, the bodylift on any Navs wouldnt be covered by anyone, so i guess thats an all rounder with every company ey!

Funny how different people have very different experiences with the same company! Guess its the same with any product or service.
My body lift is listed and insured as its been engineered and mod plated.

Lol you could do that. What isn't illegal if you get technical with it anyway, just about half the modified cars on the road all are.

108pm is cheaper then my 140 with NRMA. not sure how they are with off road but, anyone else have any experience? I might look into that company cobez thanks for that

Stevo, shannons cover my body lift as its engineered and mod plated. Your in qld? Pretty sure you can get it approved over there even easier than here in tas. Once its mod plated and road legal I would have thought most companies would be fine with it. I know shannons, tcis and aami will cover it.

Hey Cobez, Thanks for the info.
Ours is up for renewal, and most insurance companies only insure for driving on legal tracks and trails, like grasshoppers NRMA. We need something that covers river crossings, beach driving, tracks etc as well as onroad. Great to hear they insure so many accessories, including offroad tyres (ours will not insure tyres), and offroad towing. I'm keeping this thread open while I am on the phone to them sorting it out so I know what can be added!!

As an insurance broker myself, I would obviously recommend going through a broker.... You may not get the cheapest policy, but you should get the right policy. No point saving 100 bucks if your just going to get a denied claim... The policy isn't worth anything then.

Also another point is when offroading is your duty of care. Simply put, an insurer would have the right to deny a claim if you didn't check the depth of a river crossing and you sink your car for example.

Im under 25 so I get to pay to big $$$ but im with JustCar insurance and they have told me I am covered ANYWHERE as long as Im legally aloud to be there i.e National Park tracks ect they said. However Im sure they have a get out clause like most that your car has to be roadworthy thus I have done what I can do to mine without breaching the VIC rules.

Think I pay $1500 a year with an excess around the $1200 mark because im under 25. But thats on a new 2014 ST D40.

Im under 25 so I get to pay to big $$$ but im with JustCar insurance and they have told me I am covered ANYWHERE as long as Im legally aloud to be there i.e National Park tracks ect they said. However Im sure they have a get out clause like most that your car has to be roadworthy thus I have done what I can do to mine without breaching the VIC rules.

Think I pay $1500 a year with an excess around the $1200 mark because im under 25. But thats on a new 2014 ST D40.

Thats not a bad premium. We refer some young clients to just car if we are too expensive.

You are 100% with the mods, any insurance company will only insure what is legal in your state or has engineering.

I pay 80 a month with a 900 excess, all modifications listed. Anywhere in Australia, in only 24.. That's through DGA

Last edited:

Just Car are a pack of c@#ts.

I had a hail claim with them on a 98 BMW from the storm on Christmas day in Melbourne a few years back.
They wouldn't repair it because at first "it needed a cut and polish". What was really going in I think is I got dicked around with the quoting and what not by the repairer and they lost it and made one up that was flagged. They had already closed the book so to speak on that big list of claims from the storm and we're trying to get out of it dirt cheap. So they lowballed the settlement figure.
After escalating it and finally going to the ombudsman each time I spoke to the wanker assessor they added some other reason to the point where they said if they remove the windscreen and it cracks they will not replace it because it is a few years old and therefore not covered in the repair process but they didn't have to remove the windscreen or the back window I got him to admit and then threw it in his face and he ran around in circles trying to bullshit his way around his contradictions. I argued with this tool on the phone for a good 1 1/2 hrs one arvo and wrote down every point he made as he was going then told him what he had said previously and told him how much of a dickhead he sounded like contradicting himself and read him all the shit he'd said lol.
In the end I had to settle for not having the car repaired but $750 more than what they originally offered which still would have put me out of pocket if I had it repaired.

They then had the nerve to send me a renewal notice for $500 more than the previous policy and I was over 25. Told them what to do with it obviously.

If I was you mate I'd hunt around and check out this DGA mob the guys are spruking or even Youi who have done me a decent deal and always cut prices when you ring up about your renewal. Even so I might check out this DGA mob.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back