a license to fish...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have licensing here in South Aus atm thank god.:rock:
My rods come out of the shed possibly 1 a year.......maybe!! When they do come out it's usually to pull carp out of the Murry and I shouldn't have to pay for that!! We were staying with my in-laws in Newcastle a few years back and my brother in law was on cloud 9 over his new tinny he got and we were really excited about going out. Then he realized that I wasn't licensed and that was the end of that.:suicide2:
For a one of, interstate trip, I think it's a bit much to need a license at all. BUT If I HAVE to go to the PITA of paying for a license, why the FRAK should I then need another one if we are going out on a boat for 1 fishing trip??? SCREW THAT:nono::happy_smile:
It's too much effort, time and money. Personally I recon anything government run should be funded through taxes. not fees.

I just buy a 3 day or one week ticket when i go over the border to lakes jindy and 'bene around easter time...

whats the big deal anyway?

If I only went fishing for carp I would expect the government to be paying me not the other way around. I'm usually happy to catch any fish at any time, but those bloody carp should be sent to Antarctica along with toad fish.

Having a license that allows you to fish is one thing but having the license and not being able to fish is going to be a joke.

Reports in the paper yesterday are suggesting the Victoria National Parks Association want to create 20 new marine parks which will see recreational fishing banned in up to 20 different coastal locations along the Vic shore line, many of which are current tourist hotspots. Interesting enough the same mob who think banning recreational fishing is the answer to preserving these places isn't planning on banning the exploration of oil or other such matters in the areas that are earmarked for closure.

At this stage it is just a proposal to government and in this an election year I doubt a yes by parliament would be an election winner for either party so there is a good chance it will be either put on the back burner or forgotten altogether but even so it's still a joke.

Having a license that allows you to fish is one thing but having the license and not being able to fish is going to be a joke.

Reports in the paper yesterday are suggesting the Victoria National Parks Association want to create 20 new marine parks which will see recreational fishing banned in up to 20 different coastal locations along the Vic shore line, many of which are current tourist hotspots. Interesting enough the same mob who think banning recreational fishing is the answer to preserving these places isn't planning on banning the exploration of oil or other such matters in the areas that are earmarked for closure.

At this stage it is just a proposal to government and in this an election year I doubt a yes by parliament would be an election winner for either party so there is a good chance it will be either put on the back burner or forgotten altogether but even so it's still a joke.

Yep,
I read this drivel yesterday too.
I'm fucken lost for words, those fn pricks have lost the plot.
Last time around i lost my two No 1 beach fishing closer to home fav spots in Pt Lonsdale and Pt Addis.

Now how the fuck can they want to close down for rec fishing, Ninety mile beach, Gippy Lakes, Bemm, M/coota, Gabo...
Thats the whole fn coast from the the Prom to NSW....just to name a few.

I cannot believe this has come up, who are these fn morons!

Any wonder people lose it and go on a rampage in this country when the guv lets this sort of 'Dictatorship' pass....Baaa

The areas where i cant fish any more from the last round of closures is just a load of hypocrisy.
I cant fish there, but you can,
walk in, stomp all over the place, pull up rocks and things and shellfish, crabs from the reefs, surf, dive, boat..everything bar fish.
What a fucken joke.
Is this a FREE Democratic country or China in disguise....I give up.

I dare say it, but we need some of those Qld politicians to come down here and run the state.
Its beyond comprehension down here.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:suicide2:

Be careful for what you wish for, we lost a lot of our country to green zones in queensland about 3 to 4 years ago. Our pollies are not much better.

I'm still going by the idea that it's just way to ridiculous to actually happen. VRFish are standing up for fisherman but I still can't see either party willing to let this pass given the number of recreational fisherman that will be voting for them come November.

Even if they get away with half their ideas it will be a kick in the arse to fisherman but this sort of thing will also effect the tourist industry so the numbers of effected people aren't going to be easy to ignore.

Until it's any more than just a proposal I'm not going to get to worked up about it thought.

I'm still going by the idea that it's just way to ridiculous to actually happen. VRFish are standing up for fisherman but I still can't see either party willing to let this pass given the number of recreational fisherman that will be voting for them come November.

Even if they get away with half their ideas it will be a kick in the arse to fisherman but this sort of thing will also effect the tourist industry so the numbers of effected people aren't going to be easy to ignore.

Until it's any more than just a proposal I'm not going to get to worked up about it thought.

Problem is,
last time around, no one thought it would pass and no one jumped up and down and look what happened...

15 or so marine parks!

and now they want more.

Latest posts

Back