ABS light on?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to let us know the outcome if you take it to dealer/auto elec, I'm sure it'll happen to someone else in six months time :dong:

Don't forget to let us know the outcome if you take it to dealer/auto elec, I'm sure it'll happen to someone else in six months time :dong:

oh yea definately will ley u guys know.

its not booked in until 18th jan :-(

thank again guys for all ur help muchly appreciated!!!

Vdo used to and i think still do make aussie speedometers and gauges, its worth giving em a call to see if they have any idea what it might be. Cant hurt.

oh yea definately will ley u guys know.

its not booked in until 18th jan :-(

thank again guys for all ur help muchly appreciated!!!

What was the outcome?
I have abs warning light on,it goes in to be looked at and a sevice on wednesday.

What was the outcome?
I have abs warning light on,it goes in to be looked at and a sevice on wednesday.

nissan advised cannot replace the rear rh abs sensor until the ABS light is ON (mines intimittant) and it hasn't come back on for like a month...

the reason y they cant cause they need to update the ecu once a change has been done...and since the ABS light is not on then cant update the ecu properly...fkn bs i reckon...

That's nearly as good as saying they don't want to replace a faulty brake light because you have other ones that work. Although it may not lead to safety issues given that it's ABS related it would be interesting to see how motoring groups feel that Nissan don't want to replace something today incase it needs more work tomorrow.

Hey nismo,it probably wont come back on untill your out in the scrub and need 4x4 to get home.
Now that would really piss you off.

Hey nismo,it probably wont come back on untill your out in the scrub and need 4x4 to get home.
Now that would really piss you off.

luckily the 4x4 works still with the ABS light on...which is really strange...i actually think the ecu is stuffed. cause my speedo makes noises and climbs and my actual km reading is climbing and the car isnt even moving...but then i just remove the abs fuse and the speedo doesnt increase at all ;-)...hmmm technology and computers can be good and bad

My abs light started coming on,but would reset after stoping and shutting down the engine,then starting up and driving for around 50 meters.
After about a klm or two it would come back on.
Now it's staying on all the time,no 4x4.

if u really wanted too see a possible fault...check the rear abs cabling for any damage from rocks/stickes etc as unfortunately the d40 belly protection is quite poor. iv got a gash in my rear rh calbe which im assuming where the issues is. also u could giv the sensors a good wipe. pretty simpl to remove the sensors all u need is a 8mmish ratchet and comes right off of the hub...

Yep mostly likely a sensor, If everything looks OK, you may have to get Nissan to plug there gizmo in to find the fault. Could save a lot of stuffing around in the long run. No 4WD= no fun!.

I intended to make a start on cleaning the sensors,it ended up been draging whatever i could find out of the shed to protect the roof and bonnet from the golf ball size hailstones that just fell.
It looks like you have to remove the calipers and rotors to get to the front sensors?
I think i will try again tommorrow.

Last edited:
Off topic: navarian are you saying it's hailing in Melb right now? It's about 28 degrees and sunny and no sign of rain two hours east of you right now.

I kid you not,the size of golf balls.Check out the BOM radar.
Not often you see black on there.

I was just watching the radar, they reckoned we'd get 25mm this weekend but I didn't know they were referring to the size of the hail stones.

We've got one small band headed towards us but it looks like we are going to miss the majority of it. Temps have dropped a bit but the rain is still 30 mins away according to BOM.

Latest posts

Back