Accessories off Main Battery.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raywise

Reaction score
Howdy all, after some advice from more knowledgeable people on electrics. I recently hooked up the interior light on our canopy to the battery, using an inline fuse holder, and connected it directly to the positive terminal using the terminal clamp nut to fix it.

I've got to add a UHF soon, so what is the best way to add accessories to run off the battery? I don't want 3 or 4 cables hanging off the poor old terminal clamp, is a an electrical "box" of some sort the better way to do this?.

Photo of how I've done the canopy wiring, thanks for your help, ---

Attachments

• DSCF8113.jpg
    DSCF8113.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I like that Ian. Just the type of thing I'm looking for to tidy up the power in the tub!

Question for the knowledgable; if the main power feed comes from the 2nd battery (in the engine bay) then runs into the back if the tub, would i also fuse the main power feed at the battery? so I would have battery-fuse-power feed-fuse box-accessories?

ive got one 1. 4 pole fuse box under the bonnet and 1. 6 pole fuse box under the bonnet and 1.6 pole fuse box in my canopy they are good

I have one of these sitting in the shed Ray, Its either 6 or 8 with the cover. I have no use for it as i ended up buying a smaller 4 fuse supercheap one to fit where i needed. Happy to sell it. Blocks - Products - Narva

When I finally get around to re-wiring my tub I'm using a similar type fuse box to the above. It's a 6 fuse unit which handles the mini blade fuses from the Nav so I don't need to carry two different sorts of fuses, it has a small LED which illuminates only when the fuses are blown and it was less than $30 posted. By the time I'm finished there will be up to 9 items running off the aux battery but some of them are the sort of thing that can share power so 6 fuses is more than adequate.

You raise a distressing point, Krafty. I went to get myself a bunch of fuses for my Navara, only to find that the fuses used in the engine bay are different to those used in the fuse panel to the left of the glovebox, so I already had to buy two different sets.

Oh well that makes the 100 pack I brought for my old car spare parts and not bin material.

The mini blade fuses do actually work in the larger blade fuse sockets in most cases but it still means I've got over 200 spare fuses and wasted all of $4 bucks on them. If this car goes through that many fuses I'm selling it to Dave :ha:

Latest posts

Back