Advice Fitting Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzi

Reaction score
Hi people,
Just won a second-hand canopy on ebay. The Brand is HSP ute lids. This is the only link I can find
http://www.hsputelids.com/www/D22olderCanopy.html
The current owner didn't think there was anything between the canopy and tub it just secures down with clamps. I found this surprising as most brands seem to use a rubber strip and/or silicon between. Would you recommend buying some rubber stripping and if so what type?
Thanks in advance.

Yeah mate i would put in a rubber seal. I got mine from arb for about $20. Its what they use on their canopys.

I fitted a second hand flexiglass canopy to mine and the guys as flexiglass recommended some rubber tape they had it for $30 but I think I got some from bunnings for about $20 have attached a photo for you. They also said that when they do them they put a small bead of silicon around as well, I have only seen the need for this where the canopy adjoins the cab as it is raised a couple of mm more than that rest so during medium-heavy rain a trickle does get it.

Cheers,
-scott

View attachment 17698

Last edited:
Thanks jase and scott. I put an order in over the phone earlier with ARB for the rubber and a mylar weather stripping or something plus a strip for rear tailgate. Got a good salesman cos they got me to pay $50 on my card over the phone. Lol. Is this overkill? Should I cancel and get the rubber stripping from bunnings. It was a bit of a dumb on the spot decision :dummy:
Scott the pic isn't working cheers mate

I only payed for the rubber strip 5 metre length. They did give me some of that mylar stuff, and some clear tape stuff thats meant to go on the tailgate to stop paint damage. Only gave me some offcuts though lol. But i only used the rubber seal the rest is overkill i think. Upto you mate. And stick the seal to the canopy rather then the tub

Latest posts

Back