Aerial; bull bar to the cab; how/where?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Terry

With my 09 Nav there was a rubber grommet on the inside the engine bay just to the right hand side of the brake fluid reservoir. Pop that out and you can feed several cables through - from memory it gives you around 10 - 15mm to play with.

Some do it by using the search function and reading all the other threads that ask the same question, although its a dying art not too many people are good at it.

So having a thousand threads all with the same questions and answers is your way of keeping the forum running fast and smooth is it? Well to bad it's a public forum and if people don't want to be continually told there is a useful search function then it's about time the learnt to use the thing.

Stickies don't work, people still ask the same questions over and over, just look at the number of exhaust threads and tyre threads all asking the same questions.

And telling people to use the search function is helping solve the problem, helping even more would be if people actually listened, even more help would be if people stopped replying to the repeated threads and kept their answers to the main ones.

So to use your words "solve the problem instead of being part of it!"

Terry, If you can find the bung Showy refers to that would be one way. I ran a few things next to the bonnet latch mechanism grommet. and others next to the AC relief pipe, just need to be careful you don't squash this pipe that's all.

Some do it by using the search function and reading all the other threads that ask the same question, although its a dying art not too many people are good at it.

Turned up zip, zilch, nil, nada.
There was one thread on position of the unit, but not routing the cable and it was a smelly hairdresser car(D40).

Then there is also the matter of arial and a few other variations.

Strange because one advance search for cb antenna just gave me about 3 pages of responses some of them even referenced routing in their title.

Search, Advanced Search, and using more than just the first basic search term that comes into ones head is the obvious answer.

However this only highlights my point. 10,000 threads all about the same topic but worded slightly different does not make future searching easy.

I just did a search for "antenna" and got 7 pages. Some had titles like "airreal" and "arial" etc. I corrected the ones that I saw.

If you find a thread with poor spelling or insufficient description in the title (eg "Need Help!") then either report the post or better still just pm me a link to the thread.

How to pm the link? Right-click on the thread title in the forum list and choose "Copy link location". Then start a private message to Old.Tony, paste the link in then send it. I'll fix it as soon as I am able to.

What we need is well written guides that show how these things can be done to be used as stickies, but very few people bother to write them. I'm sure the mods regularly look at threads to make sticky but there is little point making a question thread a sticky it's heaps more informative and helpful to sticky a how to.

Strange because one advance search for cb antenna just gave me about 3 pages of responses some of them even referenced routing in their title.

Man you sure love the sound of your own voice. Hint, engage brain before opening mouth.

Plug "cb antenna" into the advanced search and it lists 150 threads that contain the word "antenna". it rejects "cb" as too short.*

Out of those six pages, there were six(6) that may be vaguely related(none were). One of those had "routing" and golly gosh, it was about D40s. Most of the rest were about which aerial/antenna.

On another tack, there are only nine(9) D22 Electrical threads that contain the word antenna, i.e. possibly in the correct forum. None are relevant.

So as far as the advanced search is concerned, this is the only D22 thread about aerial/antenna wiring/routing.

So once again you do not have anything useful to contribute.

*Yep, ever since the days of Alta Vista, you could always get enormous number of responses by choosing minimal words. The trick is in choosing the exact words to get exactly what you want.

I do love the sound of my own voice and if you could ever hear it you'd say it was the sweet sound of serenity, but alas as much as it deserves to be this just isn't about me, it's about the inability of people to search properly.

Feeling inadequate because you fail is not a nice feeling but honestly you don't have to feel that way, the suggestion to search was merely that, a suggestion, you don't have to take notice of it, and you don't have to learn how to do it properly but I also don't have to stop suggesting that searching is the right way to do things, especially not when any one of us can search and come up with results that fit the criteria.

But thanks for the compliments I shall continue to assist in every way possible.

I have put together a FAQ on turbochargers, and I'm putting one together on our emission reduction things (EGR, CAT, DPF). If someone can point me to a good picture (or three) of the entry points in the D22, I'll write a FAQ about routing anything into the cabin of a D22 and D40, since it is a reasonably recurrent issue.

Then I have to talk to Dylan about giving me the FAQ management button ...

Edit: it would be good to add info about the D21 as well, so if someone could send me pics, or links to pics, of suitable entry points, I'll include that as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back