Affect of new shockies on torsion bar adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after 2 and a half days sitting on a hoist the old girl is now OK.
2 new front shockies
2 new front ball joints
2 new rear shockies, they were stuffed, bugger all compression left in them.
And new rear spring hanger bushes.
And wheel alignment.
As for the torsion bars, who ever messed with it before I bought the vehicle had no idea what they were doing.
All fixed now and a joy to drive, even the steering wheel got straightened up when they fixed the torsion bars.
More money spent but worth every cent.
Cheers

It took two an half days on a hoist to do that work? I could do that in my shed in one day tops! Shocks are a deadset 10 min job you dont even need to jack the car up. Ball joints need to be pressed out but I can take the upper control arms out in about 10 mins once the car is jacked up and on stands. I hope they didnt charge two and a half days labour if you paid someone!

Labour and fitting was less than $500
The hold up was getting the parts to fix the stuff up with the torsion bars.
I left it to the experts, just a pity the previous owner didn't do the same.

Pedders shocks and they did the lot. I told them exactly what I need for off road in WA's goldfields and it has been done.
Gas shocks in the front and foam cell in the back.
I really don't care if it is too rigid for the city bitumen but I need to know it will handle well on WA dirt roads and rough tracks.
And a bit of trivia for ya's. when I took the old gal in to have the work done, there was another fella there who had to replace all 4 shocks of a well known brand coz they failed in less than 12 months. I'm starting to wonder about some of the hype from so called top brand names.

Latest posts

Back