Aftermarket Gauges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would highly advise against buying cheap gauges your better off not having any.The idea behind have gauges is to monitor certain engine parameters now if your watching something such as an EGT gauge and you have a ebay special as apposed to well known and proven brand autometer,greddy,defi even if they cost triple the price it is the proven accuracy and reliability you want.Like i said you have an EGT to watch temps to see if your running lean or rich also to make sure your turbo has cooled down after pulling your camp trailer up mt Everest if you had your ebay special that you not even sure it is accurate your already causing unwanted damage you could be shutting your motor down when its saying 300 degrees when really it is 400 your standard running temp could be 450 according to your ebay gauge when really your around 550 could be a slight cause of running lean which can cause over heating damage so and and so fourth which then leads needing a good boost gauge to see what pressures you have to see if your lean running is coming from possilbe over/under boosting.Gauges are monitors and diagnostic equipment buy the best you can afford You don't see boing747s with cheap gauges in the cockpit do you thats because they rely on them its the same for us you want the best you can get to prolong the life off your vehicle.

Czeslaw

Last edited:
Boost vacumm guages

Hi Guys was in the marked for a boost guage but every where I go want to sell me a boost /vacuum guage (all shopmust have these in stock for the buzz box turbo's) does anyone have this type of dual guage or just normal boost like I want ? Chris

Hi Guys was in the marked for a boost guage but every where I go want to sell me a boost /vacuum guage (all shopmust have these in stock for the buzz box turbo's) does anyone have this type of dual guage or just normal boost like I want ? Chris

hey mate
i am looking at the auber gauges, check out my post i put up earlier today for the links to the site... if yr keen let me know and might be able to save $$ on getting a couple??

Hey guys, i'm looking for somewhere to get a decent affordable no bullshit pyro and boost guage. Something plain and in 52mm. The VDO pyro is gonna cost nearly $400! Is this realy how much you have to pay?

while not a 52mm gauge, check out http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
the big advantage is it has memory recall ie you can see what the max temp you hit was.
also t he guage works with muitable sensors so if you change your mind you can fit it to another type of sensor ie read oil pressure.

auberins and 60mm autoguage
DSC00361003.jpg

Thanks mate, yeah they look pretty good, especially for the money and compact size. Are they just plug in and go or do you have to stuff around calibrating them? Is it difficult to set them to the desired unit of measurement, ie;farenheit to celcius/ bar to psi?

easy to set up. they come programed for F so i had to change both to C. they also have alarm output (adjustable of course) with a relay so you can connect a light/buzzer to it.

i should have mentioned before that they are in auberins housings, the actual gauge is the centre bit only. some people fit them into the dash or into a spare din (stereo socket). i may ditch the housings and make my own to blend into the dash. especially as they actually get to hot sitting in the sun and start going wonky.

for the $$$ they have a lot of useful features.

Yeah thanx for that. I might invest in a pair of those. Yeah i noticed you had the boxes. Not sure how im gonna mount them but got a few ideas!

Just got myself a EGT, boost & water gauge, question on the wiring side of things, thinking mounting on the pillar, where did you cut into for wiring, my gauges require constant 12v power, accessories 12v power for lighting, (earth, easy one)
would realy apprecate some help

Milkman you're right above the fuse panel, there are constants there, failing that the stereo, cig lighter, anything with a fused constant isn't hard to tap into.

Thanks Pix, also for anyone found this info useful;
wiring from Stereo
Yellow= Ignition 12v (only has 12v on it when ignition is turned on)
Red= 12v (permanent 12v)
Black= Ground (you'll be able to measure the 12v on the red, yellow and blue wires in reference to this one)
Blue= Illumination (from your light switch. Will have 12v on it when your lights are turned on)
The rest, paired in colours, are your speakers, including the "speakers" in the rear doors. The one with the black stripe is the negative to each speaker.

while not a 52mm gauge, check out http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
the big advantage is it has memory recall ie you can see what the max temp you hit was.
also t he guage works with muitable sensors so if you change your mind you can fit it to another type of sensor ie read oil pressure.

auberins and 60mm autoguage
DSC00361003.jpg

Tweak'e did you have to solder up the 5v supply on the circuit board to run your boost sensor? I just recieved my auber guages, and after looking at the instructions online, noticed that the 5v needs to be soldered. Pisses me off cos i bought the thing labeled as a boost guage kit, opened up the 'multimeter' to have a look, terminal 10 (power out) looks like its not connected to anything, the 5v supply im supposed to solder to is tiny, not sure i trust myself soldering it.

my boost gauge is the autometer not the auber. i might change that depending on $$$.

of the top of my head no soldering required. the gauge has a 5v output for map sensors on terminal 10.

Thanx m8, nevermind, i've done it! Yeah terminal 10 is blank, to be soldered to either 5v or 24v depending on application. The boost sensor needs 5v. Had my hesitations about doing it, and didn't realise how bad my eysight is and how shaky my hands are till now but its come up a pro job! Just pre soldered a bit of telephone wire, jammed it in the hole a bit, and reheated it. Its a fffriggin tiny hole and i reckon about half a mil away from the next gizmo on the circuit board. Hooked them up to a battery and entered the settings- sweet! I got the boost guage (-5 - 45psi) and EGT. BTW, the Auber stuff looks like quality gear, i'm impressed with it. Cant wait to hook it all up in the nav!

Latest posts

Back