Aftermarket head units d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These Utes are so simple to work on. I can have the deck out in under ten minutes and have the door trims off in five. Awesome spot in the drivers kick panel area to bring amp wiring in. I have zero guage through there easy. Fitting a decent sub is the hardest part as I chose to put amps behind the seat rather than under the front seats. Wanted them further from water. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417429715.197543.jpg
By the way that's how the doors ended up. As a side point they get damn close to a subs output.

Look up car audio and staging. I have a set of alpine type r 6.5 splits up front and a kicker 12" sub slim sub behind the rear seat running of a 4 channel amp. Bridged two channels for sub.

With the size of the d22 cab it is more then enough. It is one of the best sounding setups I have had.

As for installing I have only ever installed sound systems myself due to cost initially but now due to quality and care of the install.

Look up car audio and staging. I have a set of alpine type r 6.5 splits up front and a kicker 12" sub slim sub behind the rear seat running of a 4 channel amp. Bridged two channels for sub. With the size of the d22 cab it is more then enough. It is one of the best sounding setups I have had. As for installing I have only ever installed sound systems myself due to cost initially but now due to quality and care of the install.

Is that car audio and staging within this forum?
Keen to check it out.

I cannot self install as I don't have the knowledge . Care of the install is my greatest concern also.

He means staging on Google. This forum doesn't go to deep into audio. The holy grail of car audio is to make it sound like the whole band is up on the dashboard or even better on the bonnet and sounding wider than the side mirrors. All possible with correct speaker placement and tuning.

He means staging on Google. This forum doesn't go to deep into audio. The holy grail of car audio is to make it sound like the whole band is up on the dashboard or even better on the bonnet and sounding wider than the side mirrors. All possible with correct speaker placement and tuning.

As you have stated in the post and more importantly the signature on the bottom.

The inside of a car/truck would have to be one of the hostile places to achieve good sound. Better spending the coin on a quality home system that lives in an acoustically friendly room.

Many young people today spend good money on car audio and often the source of the sound is an MP3 file system. Yuk!

I know, I know .... but don't forget I'm the party pooper :)

As you have stated in the post and more importantly the signature on the bottom.

The inside of a car/truck would have to be one of the hostile places to achieve good sound. Better spending the coin on a quality home system that lives in an acoustically friendly room.

Many young people today spend good money on car audio and often the source of the sound is an MP3 file system. Yuk!

I know, I know .... but don't forget I'm the party pooper :)

Haha not a party pooper at all. I spend heaps of time in my truck and it is the one place I am allowed to do what ever I want. I freely admit that my system is abit over the top but hey I don't understand 8 inch lift kits. I had staging like I described with the use of time alignment and it was awesome. I say was because I am in the process of upgrading my deck to a pioneer dexp99 which is the best sq deck they sell in this country with a retail of $1599 ( not what I paid, I'm mad not crazy). I can't answer for any one else I can only speak of what I have found to be achievable.

Ok that sounds fair Ben. Time alignment, your getting serious. Done the same thing with some speakers I made for home. Woofer/mid, tweeter time aligned. With 12" Stereo sealed subs, not so time aligned. Do have variable 0~180 phase setup tho. No surround sound nonsense just pure stereo, Class A 100W RMS per channel amp. You could cook toast on it :)

Latest posts

Back