Aftermarket turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevvyp

Reaction score
Got home tonight and the GLW informes me that the nav(ZD30)made a bang noise and puffed some black smoke,started it up and runs fine,took it for a run around the block and no power after 2000 revs, pulled the front off the turbo and sure enough it has crapped its self.
The motor runs and idles as it should just no power, i was looking on ebay for a replacement turbo and there is a non gen hitachi replacement, has any one used one of these turbo's? or any info on them.

cheers

i would be checking how much bits of turbo have ended up in the engine. it may have stuffed the rest of the engine.

What Tweake said.

I hope for your sake the engine hasn't swallowed the compressor wheel.

STOP driving it.

Pull the turbo off and the intake and see if the bits are in there and not stuck in a valve or in the combustion chambers.

i removed the throttle body and cleaned out all of the small fillings, fitted a new turbo and she has been fine for the last 3000km(touch wood)no problems at all, would it be possible for the pieces to be caught elswere?(manifold?)

(i have ordered a crosscountry top mount intercooler, hope its not to late)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 180
Nasty man. Makes me think about sticking an intercooler on.
Hope it all goes well for you. I have a T25 in mine (QD32) so that might work as a replacement.
What turbo did you end up getting?

Nasty man. Makes me think about sticking an intercooler on.
Hope it all goes well for you. I have a T25 in mine (QD32) so that might work as a replacement.
What turbo did you end up getting?

ended up with a turbo from ebay:devil:we were packed ready to go away with the camper in tow when it happend so not much choice, intercooler well worth the money when this happens

Haha yeah I have an ebay turbo still in its box. Mind you I bought it as the AR would suit but it was twice the bloody size I needed when it rocked up.

Does it have the same power or does it seem less with the Ebay turbo in?

Haha yeah I have an ebay turbo still in its box. Mind you I bought it as the AR would suit but it was twice the bloody size I needed when it rocked up.

Does it have the same power or does it seem less with the Ebay turbo in?

It runs better than it did before the turbo s&%t its self, but she has done 275.000kms

Well looks like you had a score. Turbo timer might be another idea for protection.

the dude i bought the turbo from gave me a timer, checked with vic roads and timers are a grey area, timer isn't illegal but leaving the vehicle running is, i've always let the truck run for a minute or so but what the missus does is anyones guess

the dude i bought the turbo from gave me a timer, checked with vic roads and timers are a grey area, timer isn't illegal but leaving the vehicle running is, i've always let the truck run for a minute or so but what the missus does is anyones guess

Timers are "legal" in a sense. However if Traffic boys pull you up, see it and ask you to turn off your engine and it keeps running, they get very disappointed and address there disappointment with their ticket book. The reason is not the the car continues to run, more the fact that you have installed this mod with the intention of being able to turn your ignition off and walk away, therefore causing a hazard if something goes wrong you are not there and the car possibly kills someone. However they are beautiful things if you don't like sitting in your car letting it idle for several minutes after any long drive.

Latest posts

Back