aggressive all terrains

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the mickey Thompson 4-Rib ATZ, ive had them on for about 25000 and no noticeable cracks and the tread has only lost a couple of mil. Rather expensive though, for my 275/70/R18 there $510 a pop

I use the mickey Thompson 4-Rib ATZ, ive had them on for about 25000 and no noticeable cracks and the tread has only lost a couple of mil. Rather expensive though, for my 275/70/R18 there $510 a pop

WTF!! $510 i paid $315 for 275/65/16, i know that is a more common size BUT $510 is a rip off

I guess its the wank factor of having the 18s, the weight loading is now classified for a light truck.

img0856td.jpg

Mate i was in the same boat as you, i wanted an aggressive all terrains... but i ended up with maxxis bighorn mt764, they are about 5% noiser at best then the fc11 that i replaced. The fc11 seems to have good grip on most surfaces, wear well but need balancing constantly, had them for 15k and balanced them 3 times.
there have been so many times i wish i had MT when i was using them, they dont compare to these maxxis 764's, infact the maxxis handle betteron road aswell, i guess it all comes down to longevity, but ive heard plenty of stories of 80k in the new bighorns.

as for price, the dick cepeks carried a big $ sign, on the other hand i got 4 maxxis 31x10.5 r15 for 800 fitted, 200 a tyres fitted is pretty dam good.

I got these in LT 245/75/16 for $280 ea last year -- not sure what other sizes they have. Might be worth looking at if the $$ of the big names shits you like it did me!

154_1108_13+the_monkey_bus_part_2+kelly_safari_tires.jpg

I used to run Mickey Thomson MTZ's - which I would regard as an aggressive AT rather than a mud tyre. Found them generally quite good.

Am currently running Bridgestone D697's as I wanted a good touring tyre. They are lovely and quiet, but man do they pick up and throw gravel!

I got these in LT 245/75/16 for $280 ea last year -- not sure what other sizes they have. Might be worth looking at if the $$ of the big names shits you like it did me!

View attachment 10467

Are they the TSR Safari's? How are they wearing?

I'm currently running ATZ 4 ribs. Very happy with them- 20k on them so far and they look like there's still another 50k left to go. Definitely can't complain about that. I'll be getting mud tyres next. Considering Hercules Trail diggers as a budget tyre option although I've heard the side walls are rubbish

Kumho KL71 were good to me. A little noisier than some muddies I have used in the past, but road handling was awesome (for a mud tyre), they just kept on digging and cleaning when the slop was thick and gluey, and the price was right.

Are they the TSR Safari's? How are they wearing?

Can't really comment on wear as I've probably done less than 5k km on them. We moved house about the same time as I put them on and my fuel bill has gone from >$100 a week to <$50 a month -- so I expect they'll last a long time. Whether that translates to km :dontknow:

I also looked at the hercules trail diggers (I had the AT's and they were ok -- brilliant on loose sand) but was told there were none in the country at the time.

so far looking at cooper st maxx or stt's, goodyear duratacs,dick cepek and general grabber but not sure about these..
what you thing are these terrains also very good for rock.

Last edited:
^ last time I priced BFG I was quoted $395 a corner -- they may be a good tyre, but there are better deals around.

I've had my Dick Cepek FCII's for a year n half and in that time I've given them a pretty serious work out off road, I'm more then impressed with them there awesome. I've followed mate places with their MT's with ease while othe AT's struggles. I've been up steep rocky steps fairly good just needed a bit of wheel spill, could have let the pressure down a little to get more grip. They are a little noisy on road but love them offroad. Mine where 285's

^ last time I priced BFG I was quoted $395 a corner -- they may be a good tyre, but there are better deals around.

sounds like you are getting ripped off, paid $345 a corner last year in about August.

this was 265/75r16 sometimes I wish I got KM2's though purely for the wank factor...

Can get BFg in 31x10.5 for 210 a corner on eBay, don't f around just get some muddies

Back