Air Compressors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just a quick question as I am in the market to buy a compressor. I see supercheap has a rydge ryder compressor which does 160LPM and has a 45min duty cycle to a max of 150 PSI. Now I am looking at the ones sold by tigerz11 and they look the exact same, also saw rave reviews for DR AIR Proflow and it also looks the exact same. Is it right to assume all these compressors are imported by companies and are just rebranded but they are all the exact same compressor? I think Iron Man even sells the same compressor called flowmax pro.

Judging by prices it looks like the tigerz11 has the best price at $129 incl delivery, but I will have to find out which one has the best warranty. I was considering the TJM compressor but it has half the capacity it costs $200, but it does come with a 5 year warranty.

What is everyone's thoughts on this generic compressor sold by so many companies?

Cheers,
Shorty

Yep you are spot on they are all the exact same, maybe a different colour on some brands or one may come in a hard case but the unit itself are the same.

I have the supercheap rydge ryder version and its a cracka, we done a test on here a while ago where we all let one tyre down on the car and ran the pump for one minute increments and then looked at the pressure and the Rydge Ryder won, even beating the ARB twin unit.

IMO they are well worth the $125 twice over.

Last edited:
Yep you are spot on they are all the exact same, maybe a different colour on some brands or one may come in a hard case but the unit itself are the same.

I have the supercheap rydge ryder version and its a cracka, we done a test on hear a while ago where we all let one tyre down on the car and ran the pump for one minute increments and then looked at the pressure and the Rydge Ryder won, even beating the ARB twin unit.

IMO they are well worth the $125 twice over.

Yeah mate, I saw your old thread and I just couldnt believe that there were so many different branded compressors being sold which all looked identical and the variance in price is like between $100-$300 which is massive.

Cheers,
Shorty

buy it
great compressor for the price
mine copps a hiding pumping up 2 or 3 cars after beach runs and is still going strong

As Sparra said it will inflate from 18 to 35psi in a few mins i got the aldi model gone are the days of waiting for 30mins to inflate after a beach run.

There are also these models http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-12V-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3c1dbda0
and http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-MOND...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6a64e7c1

These both have similar stats to the generic ones like these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Comp...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51ac8d296d

However these are twin cylinder, is there any benefit going for twin cylinder over single cylinder? They are virtually the same price, same lpm, same duty cycle, same amp draw and same 150psi max.

I've had a couple of cheapies let me down over the years. And by cheapies I mean Bushranger etc.

I've had 3 ARB compressors in different vehicles and never had one fail so would always stick with them.

Arb the go worth the price and comes with the wiring loom switches and good installation instructions compatible with air lockers never had dramas

Arb are no doubt a good unit but from the test we did on here they are not the best or fastest at pumping up tyres, and are definitely NOT the best priced, dont get me wrong I use allot of ARB stuff and think its good gear.

The unit that is now being sold by a large number of shops, inc ironman, Opposite Lock, tigerz11, supercheap, Aldi, PRO FlOW, which actually won the 4WD Action "comparo"
there are also at lest another 5 companies selling the same units.

Not only have i found them to be super fast to inflate a tyre they do it for tyre after tyre with out ever shutting down or slowing down.

I have on many multiple occasions pumped up the tyres on my ute form 20psi to 38psi ten moved to my camper trailer, then on to my wifes Hilux making that 10 tyres in total with out turning it off and it just keeps going.

I have now been using it for over 16months and it is still going like the day i bought it.

NOT BAD FOR $130

I've got the one in shorty's first link above. From the same place, actually. I paid $75 for it about 3 years ago. It's only done occasional work, but I've been happy with it.

I ended up going with the generic branded 160LPM single 60mm cylinder one like this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Comp...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51ac8d296d) for $99 +free freight + free emergency tyre repair kit. Not a bad deal, have used it once on tyres and once on air beds, very impressed with the unit for the price. It get s little hot at the proximal air hose connection but I think most compressors are prone to this.

I ended up going with the generic branded 160LPM single 60mm cylinder one like this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Comp...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51ac8d296d) for $99 +free freight + free emergency tyre repair kit. Not a bad deal, have used it once on tyres and once on air beds, very impressed with the unit for the price. It get s little hot at the proximal air hose connection but I think most compressors are prone to this.

Thats the one mate and for $99 its a steal, they are the best value for money unit on the market and the proof is in all the different people selling them even though they are different colours lol.
really tho for the money and warranty you cant go wrong.

Last edited:
I was quite lucky, santa got me an arb single on board compressor for xmas. Works great, pumped up a tyre from 20 to 40 psi in about a minute and a half.

Latest posts

Back