Air filters 3.0 turbo deisel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat801

Reaction score
Hi guys i have contacted k&n filters chasing a filter but was told they dont make one for navara d22 round filter does any one know who else would make a better filter than these paper type filters?

Ive seen them on ebay but tryd straight from k&n to see if was cheaper must have just got a tosser that didnt kno his stuff

Does a d22 have a map sensor? I thought only the patrol did?

d22 zd30's have a map sensor, yd25's have a maf sensor, patrols also have a maf sensor. i don't know why you'd be worried about getting oil on a map sensor... they measure pressure in the manifold, they shouldn't get oil on them at all because they're not in the direct air flow into the motor.

maf sensor yes, but map sensor no...

its not just the oil. k&n let through more dust. the dust really fouls up mafs. but also adds to wear and ends up in the engine oil.

d22 zd30's have a map sensor, yd25's have a maf sensor, patrols also have a maf sensor. i don't know why you'd be worried about getting oil on a map sensor... they measure pressure in the manifold, they shouldn't get oil on them at all because they're not in the direct air flow into the motor.

maf sensor yes, but map sensor no...

Thats the impression I was under too

I went with a ryco paper filter anyway. But thanks for your input

As mentioned above, the general consensus seems to be for dirt driving a paper filter is a lot better for your motor than a k&n. On a road car its not as much of a problem, but in severely dusty conditions people in the patrol forum that have used them have found a dust film on the maf sensor and inside the inlet piping to the turbo

is that the K&N Apollo? I have been looking at them. are they any good?

Wouldnt reccomend it for dusty work...it lets a little too much thru..on road its fine..i use mine not oiled..i have one of those socks for the snorkle to keep the fine dust under control.

Wouldnt reccomend it for dusty work...it lets a little too much thru..on road its fine..i use mine not oiled..i have one of those socks for the snorkle to keep the fine dust under control.

Camo, that's what I was thinking about doing getting a sock for the heavy dust use.
just want a little more when towing the 4x4 camper.

You will definatly get more air and noise!! Its a pretty simple job to hook one up.i cut up my air box to do it tho..no turning back now.technically it creates a bottleneck at the filter as the filter is slightly smaller than the maf sensor pipe but the turbo inlet is smaller again..sock works well..just wash the filter when you get it if its pre oiled.

I basically did it to totally seal up the intake right up to the snorkle head.wasnt confident in sealing the factory box unless it was dipped in sikaflex.

Latest posts

Back