Airbag warning light - 2010 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I got it back from Nissan today.

Told that the computer picked an "Open Circuit Fault" on the Driver Airbag.

Was told that about 80% of the time the clock spring being replaced will fix it, but if that doesn't, then I'll be up for a new airbag which will be well over a grand.

Has anyone else had this issue?

worked for me, thanks.

Hi guys I have just tried what Maddogrc suggested in the d22 forum and it works do this:
his:

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

All hail Maddogrc many thanks

Yeah thanks very much, it worked for me.

Airbag light started flashing today for no reason, tried this method and it worked. 07 STX auto Spanish built.

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. Light came back this afternoon, so I called the mechanic and he is pricing me up a clock spring replacement.

Hi guys I have just tried what Maddogrc suggested in the d22 forum and it works do this:
his:

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

All hail Maddogrc many thanks

Just a thanks for this info, worked perfectly and saved a trip to the dealer!

Appreciate the effort to post this!!!

Latest posts

Back