Airbox alternative

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shagsta22

Reaction score
I have discovered that the seal in the airbox is completely gone and I've lost one of the clips that hold the lid on. Nizzbits quoted $155 just for the lid (seal isn't sold separately) so it's obviously going to be very expensive to replace the whole unit.

I am looking at going to a Clark Rubber store as suggested elsewhere to get a seal for the lid but the clip is likely to be a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas for an alternative setup for the airbox? Maybe an aftermarket airbox or something?

My mate had the same problem, he just bought a airbox for his d22 he only payed $20 (with out the lid). He didnt even use it in the end, just took a clip of the new one and put it on his airbox. They arnt air tight at all. I put in a rubber seal from clark rubber helps a bit. Now i put duct tape around the airbox then clip the clips on. Lol

Last edited:
You can use cable ties to replace missing clips. Otherwise wreckers.

My seal went and I got this rubbish whistling noise from it. Took off the lid and filled the gap with silicone to the point where a seal would sit (if this makes sense?) then let it dry before putting it back on. Nice tight seal and whistle gone.

Thanks guys,

It turns out that Nizzbits sells the clips individually. Only $4 each. I didn't think they would considering they don't sell the seal separately. I might just get a couple for now.

If I can find a seal for it from Clark Rubber then all is good. If not, I might just try the silicon. That plus a wrapping it with duct tape should seal it up pretty good.

The 80 series idea sounds intriguing. Longer term I might look into it.

80 series is good as even if it isn't sealed completely is self drains via the catch underneath it. It is a seriously good design

Latest posts

Back